Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel

335d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

335d 2009 Great Car
By MJ

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

If any one is looking for a 335 BMW. Take a close look at the 335d. It is very fast, 425 lbs ft. of torque and 265 hp. It to me feels much faster than the 335i in normal around town driving. I now have just about 7000 miles on it. No problems at all. I also have a lexus for my wife. The reliability is the same both, great. However the big plus is the mileage. I get 30 mpg around town and 39 on the highway . The 335i cannot do that. There is no diesel smell or smoke ever. Diesel fuel cost is at or just below high test in Northern Va.

Power , Mileage , Very supportive sport seats. Big tires . Safety. Nav is great and very easy to use. Great sound on the upgraded stereo.

My car has the sport package. BMW should allow the choice between summer tires and all-season high performance tires.

Second time lucky
By big kev

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second 3 series - the first was 2007 335i and for some reason this 'update' is a much better car. I have 16" wheels with 205/50 tires deliberately avoiding low profiles and the ride is very comfortable, and handling is fine (runflat smash and crash is gone!) I find The car more comfortable than the 5 series and traded my 2008 Audi A4, which I liked a lot but the Beema is much smoother and more 'refined' - especially the diesel engine. Hated the old 3 series mainly because of the high fuel bills and the horrible ride - love this one; mainly because of the improved ride due to non low profile runflats and Continental tires rather than Bridgestone which were awful.

Mileage, torque, comfortable seats (I'm 6'2") handling and the way it looks.

Instruments are a bit small, and it makes a high pitched 'whining' noise through the gears. Not loud but annoying and noticeable. Told the dealer and they said 'they just do that'. Nothing wrong.

Power performance & mileage in a Bimmer
By Nyurkt

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We Absolutely LOVE this vehicle awesome power, mileage & fuel economy even if driven hard love the exhaust note drives handles feels and sounds great. This is a true drivers car second Bimmer for the family and I'm sure many more to come. Traded in our Accord Ex-V6 great car but the mileage was not up to par for HONDA, now we get awesome performance & braking as well as excellent fuel economy.

Fuel economy Performance-Torque Stability-handling Braking Oh did I say Fuel Economy (smile)

Storage, cup holders make folding rear seatbacks standard also radio display can't be seen with our sunglasses on (these are the minor Bummers for our Bimmer).

It's all good
By M

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First time BMW owner and just got my 335D. Everything I hoped for came true. The look and feel of a world class car with the mileage of an economy car. The power is outstanding and the ride is so effortless that you can't tell how fast you are going. One issue is the cupholders...seems like with all the engineering prowess of BMW a suitable solution could be put in place.

Pretty much everything...less before mentioned cup holders.

Trunk a little shorter then I am use to. I am 6'3" so golf clubs are a little longer and have to take out my driver and load in the trunk separately

Awesome
By kaiyer

2009 BMW 3 Series Diesel 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Just purchased it. Torque if fantastic. Best when merging into the highway. Cabin ergonomics are top rated. The whole family loved it.

Seats, Acceleration, Very low road noise. Engine purrs like a cat.

Wagon and AWD versions would be welcome.