Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW is 3 for 3
By Paul Schroeder

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We just picked this car up two days ago, and are already in love. It is faster than my Porsche Boxster, and nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. It is supremely comfortable with great technology gizmos. I have wanted this car since it first came out, and am not disappointed. There is a little body lean, but it is still great for its size and the type of car. We have owned two other BMWs, a Z4 and a 330 convertible, but this is the best by far.

Bluetooth, iPod, paddle shifters, sport seats, stereo, speed, braking.

Sell it without run flats, so it would ride better and get better mileage. My Porsche comes with an air compressor and a can of tire sealant, so it also saves the weight of a spare.

Too fast for commuting
By flix

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car but so powerful you have to be light on the gas in DC rush hour traffic. Make sure to get the leather interior, premium package for max comfort.

Power, power seatbelts, smart windshield wipers, interior, exterior styling

Fuel economy - did the EPA measure it downwind in a hurricane?

The last BMW for me
By imgnohc

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The first 4 months of driving the car is everything I expected. It felt great. Then the mechanical problems began. This is my second and my last BMW. I had similar terrible problems with my first BMW but I loved the body style of this latest 3 series and couldn't resist. But, I've learned my lesson. Problems I've encountered in the last 3 months include overheating engine, electrical problems with my windows and door locks, a/c not functioning at low speed, scratches caused by service center, etc.

Beautiful styling, power, handling.

Never ending engine and electrical problems.

Reviews don't give it justice
By Wvortices

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been reading reviews and have been driving BMWs for years now but despite how good everyone said this car would be it doesn't sink in until you pull it off the lot. I traded in an E46 M3 so there was a lot this car had to live up to. I couldn't believe that this car feels just as fast as my old M3 but is much easier to drive. The feel of the car is just as good but it handles the rough stuff way better. I need to mention something that has been a sore point for many reviewers but if you are at all computer literate, the iDrive will be a MUST have. There will be a learning curve but the technology integration is way better than many reviewers give it credit for.

Performance, handling, comfort, interior design, iDrive, and of course the LOOKS

I wish that someone would make a M+S tire that fits this car. You get either a summer tire or a winter tire, but then again BMW is big on attention to tires and if you drive in conditions below 45 F, you should use a snow tire. Its just a pain to change out and are not cheap.

Love the car, hate the tires
By Ringokelly

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car except for 2 things: 1) It is sluggish off the line unless you use sport mode on the tranny. Not that big a deal, but annoying. 2) I HATE the run flat tires. They are noisy, stiff and leave too many uncertanties. If you get a flat, you drive on it and basically trash the tire and have to replace it. I hate these and am looking to replace all of them and buy a spare. Problem is, there is no place to put the spare, except to eat up trunk space. BMW, make these pieces of crap an option, not std. Buy the car, love it, but negotiate for them to swap tires. You will be glad you did.

Styling, comfort, "touch" entry, handling