Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!
By billr6

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own my black 328i for over 6 months now. Bought used with 32K miles. Incredible car, step on the gas and you are in heaven. Power is unreal, I only felt this way once in Infinity G35. I can't help myself when driving this car, often I push it over 100 Mph on hwy that has a speed limit of 60 or 70 Mph. At 100 Mph you hardly feel any shaking or noise.
Car is grounded and planted like it has roots to the highway. Passing is a breeze and exhilarating!!! And when you hear that engine growl - like a surge of nuclear energy is passing to the wheels. Steering and handling is top notch!! 100% German engineering. Love it!!! No sports luxury car matches this car. I tested them all. BMW rules!!

Speed, power, engine growl, looks fabulous!!! Interior is very tidy and smartly designed. Seats are very comfy to me! BMW changes oil, brakes, wipers etc for first 4 years!! I would buy this car again in a heart beat!!

Simplify electronics!! Too complex for me. I like simple controls, but all BMW controls are computer driven. Run flat tires are not the most comfy tires. I would prefer regular tires, but there is no spare. Run flats do handle well. They cost about 30% more than decent regular tires. Add electronic power seats to base versions.

We miss this car already
By pbschroeder

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Consider this the final verdict on the 2008 335i coupe.
We put 50,000 miles on this car in less than 3 years and only sold it because we needed something with 4 doors.
We bought a 2011 X3 28i.
This car was fast and comfortable from the day we got it.
Tap the accelerator, the turbos kick in and it is off like a shot.
0-60 this car was nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette.
We loved the iPod, the bluetooth, the sports seats and the handling.
According to friends, once you got in the back seat, that was comfortable, too.

iPod, sports seats, bluetooth, speed, handling, fuel economy.

None.

Great combination of sportiness and luxury
By mpt2222

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 02 325i for an 08 335xi and must say, it's been a great decision.
This car is so smooth and quick and handles corners with ease.
There are several nice touches in technology added from the previous version that are really nice.
For example, the exterior LED door handle lights are very cool and useful.
I don't use the can chiller often in the console, but it's nice to have it for the long trips.
This car represents one of the best balances of luxury and handling I've had the pleasure of driving.
I'm just glad I bought this used as the original pricetag is just out of my reach.

Xenon Adaptive headlights, handling, accelleration, door handle LED lighting, Satellite Radio, adaptive cruise control

For the life of me, i wish the engineers would find a way to incorporate a useful cup holder for the driver! I also wish they wouldn't require the key fob to be placed in the slot in order to start the vehicle (they make you spend an extra $500 just to enjoy that "convenience").

Expensive but reliable
By del21

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October 2007 with 2 miles on it. I have had it to the shop 1 time for a stero fuse that went back and was replaced under the warrant. I replaced the run flat tires with regular tires ($70 dollar Pirelli's from Discount Tire) and it made no change in it's performance, "repeat, no change in performance after i had run the original tires on Nitrogen for 39000 miles. Nitrogen makes the difference in tires, trust me. The car now has 53000 miles and it still runs great. The only notable annoyance it that the timing clicks and has clicked since about 8000 miles but it is of no harm to the engine. I get the oil changed once a year for about $80, not at the dealership. Great car.

Performance Reliablity Luxury Appearance

Take the run flat tires off and put regular tires on all vehicles. These tires are to expensive.

Versatile sports car
By lfinkel

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 328xi coupe. I have owned 3 series sedan, coupe, and convertible.  Tis is the best car for me.  It is so versatile.  Drives well in the snow, totes a good amount of cargo when then seats are folded down, has tons of safety features, and overall I can drive in all weather conditions.  And it is a quintessential BMW. It handles sublime, is very fast and quick, comfortable ride, excellent stereo, and looks great.  I highly recommend this car.

Handling, acceleration, ride comfort, safe, AWD, fold down seats, iPod connection, stereo, satellite, brakes, appearance.

Mileage. I get 16-17 city and 26-27 highway.