Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best Car I've Owned
By sociopath

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 325i before I bought my 2008 328i sedan new four years ago.
The OEM Bridgestone run-flats were even more awful than many folks are willing to say.
After my run-flats wore out at only 16K, I replaced them with a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.
After 10K, these tires are wearing very well and give me a soft, quiet, and great-handling ride.
The car has been incredibly reliable--simply outstanding since the beginning--and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it.
It has a sporty yet secure, comfottable ride and I get about 18 mpg in the city and almost 30 on the highway.

I like everything about this car. It's big enough, but not too big. It isn't a pocket rocket, but has more than enough power. I didn't get lots of extras: the sport package and the moon roof are enough for me. At first, I thought the leatherette might be a downside, but it has turned out to be fine. I think I like it more than leather. It came with wood trim, which looks phony, but I'm told it's the real deal.

Nothing is perfect, and I suppose I could nit-pick, and that's what it would be. At first, I hated the cup holders, but they work well and I like the fact that they can be concealed when not in use. The only real problem was those terrible OEM run-flats.

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!
By billr6

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own my black 328i for over 6 months now. Bought used with 32K miles. Incredible car, step on the gas and you are in heaven. Power is unreal, I only felt this way once in Infinity G35. I can't help myself when driving this car, often I push it over 100 Mph on hwy that has a speed limit of 60 or 70 Mph. At 100 Mph you hardly feel any shaking or noise.
Car is grounded and planted like it has roots to the highway. Passing is a breeze and exhilarating!!! And when you hear that engine growl - like a surge of nuclear energy is passing to the wheels. Steering and handling is top notch!! 100% German engineering. Love it!!! No sports luxury car matches this car. I tested them all. BMW rules!!

Speed, power, engine growl, looks fabulous!!! Interior is very tidy and smartly designed. Seats are very comfy to me! BMW changes oil, brakes, wipers etc for first 4 years!! I would buy this car again in a heart beat!!

Simplify electronics!! Too complex for me. I like simple controls, but all BMW controls are computer driven. Run flat tires are not the most comfy tires. I would prefer regular tires, but there is no spare. Run flats do handle well. They cost about 30% more than decent regular tires. Add electronic power seats to base versions.

Great combination of sportiness and luxury
By mpt2222

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 02 325i for an 08 335xi and must say, it's been a great decision.
This car is so smooth and quick and handles corners with ease.
There are several nice touches in technology added from the previous version that are really nice.
For example, the exterior LED door handle lights are very cool and useful.
I don't use the can chiller often in the console, but it's nice to have it for the long trips.
This car represents one of the best balances of luxury and handling I've had the pleasure of driving.
I'm just glad I bought this used as the original pricetag is just out of my reach.

Xenon Adaptive headlights, handling, accelleration, door handle LED lighting, Satellite Radio, adaptive cruise control

For the life of me, i wish the engineers would find a way to incorporate a useful cup holder for the driver! I also wish they wouldn't require the key fob to be placed in the slot in order to start the vehicle (they make you spend an extra $500 just to enjoy that "convenience").

Expensive but reliable
By del21

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October 2007 with 2 miles on it. I have had it to the shop 1 time for a stero fuse that went back and was replaced under the warrant. I replaced the run flat tires with regular tires ($70 dollar Pirelli's from Discount Tire) and it made no change in it's performance, "repeat, no change in performance after i had run the original tires on Nitrogen for 39000 miles. Nitrogen makes the difference in tires, trust me. The car now has 53000 miles and it still runs great. The only notable annoyance it that the timing clicks and has clicked since about 8000 miles but it is of no harm to the engine. I get the oil changed once a year for about $80, not at the dealership. Great car.

Performance Reliablity Luxury Appearance

Take the run flat tires off and put regular tires on all vehicles. These tires are to expensive.

Run Flats ruin the ride
By jdlewis95

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been buying BMW's since 1994, and this is one of the best models that BMW has ever built. BUT BMW ruined it with those horrid run-flat tires. The smallest of bumps make the car
shake because the run flats are so hard. I've bent the front rims 4 times in 3 years so bad that the steering wheel shimmied like crazy. When BMW starts building cars with the Sport Package without the run-flat tires, the I will buy BMW again. The fuel pump went out at 30K and BMW replaced it, no problems. The run-flat tires ruin the ride, so I have put BMW "on-hold".

I-Drive control, blue tooth, auto door opener, everything but the run flats

Get rid of the run flat tires.