Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Why BMW?
By MSMAMBA

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I hesitated before purchasing the 328i. In fact, I opted for a 2007 MB C230 Sport for my wife after test driving the then-new 335i in 2006. Realistically, I do not see how a daily commute needs 300+ hp. The 328i provides adequate handling even w/o the sport(y) package when compared to the RX8 I traded in. Unfortunately, the 16" runflat all-seasons are a poor compromise. Highway expansion joints are much more noticeable than the MB. The MB has 17" performance tires w/ lower profile. BMW also worked diligently on cost-cutting when packaging the E90. Where is the standard alarm? Where is the jack? How about a real cup holder? Still, the 328i puts a smile on my face every morning.

Bluetooth

Cupholders! It does not matter if it fits a 0.2l cup in Europe. I am in the drive-thru lane and need a spot to put my 16oz "SMALL" soda.

2008 328i Auto/Metallic/IPOD
By lipsmasher

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handling is awesome. Power is incredible. I tried the DS mode and the steptronic and car left in a hurry. Fuel economy so far is about 24 MPG 75%/25% highway/city. Seems to do badly in stop and go traffic. Test drove a C300, IS250, and C230. BMW was far superior in all categories.

IPod adapter, handling, braking, comfort. Looks great, inside and out. BMW all about the drive. Dash and computers are relatively easy to read.

Window switch a bit far. Radio is hard to read in the day. Owners manual is long and confusing. MPG could be better in this market. Leatherette gets a little sticky when car is hot.

This Car Rocks
By Rob Miller

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 2003 325i for a 2008 328i. This is no "luxury-boat," but it is a head-turner. I bought this car because my 325i was almost perfect for 5 1/2 years. BMWs have strong bloodlines, and if you see a six year old BMW on the street, you know what it is. I got the Sports package, 6 speed manual, leatherette, and little else because the car comes so well equipped. I like the wood grain dash, although it looks a little shiny and plastic. This car seems a little bigger and more.

I like almost everything about the car. The six speed manual transmission is smooth and has a nice short throw. In 6th, the car lopes along at 80. The slightly larger size and power is nice. Even the leatherette looks good and is easy to keep clean.

It's hard for me to find fault. As I see it, the "problems" are minor. The run-flat tires are too hard and the car came with all four tires pumped up to 43 pounds! That strange grille will take some getting used to. Cupholders are poor. The "gong" and the "chime" are annoying.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By BMWFamily

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently picked up my 328i Sedan with Sport and Cold Weather Packages and as with the other BMWs in my family am supremely impressed. BMW still is able to capture that essential quality that makes a car the Ultimate Driving Machine. From the good gas mileage to the silky smooth 6-spd manual, the 328i with sport package captures BMW's excellent handling characteristics at a relatively affordable price. All in all I am hugely impressed with the 328i and would in fact take the weight savings and naturally aspirated engine over the turbo motor (having only owned naturally aspirated BMWs in the past and having a very bad experience with a 1986 745i Turbo).

Handling, gearbox, standard stereo (10 speakers - I didn't even know I had that many), engine, gas mileage, styling, tires.

Tires - I say tires here as well as in favorite features because the standard Potenza RE050A's have great grip, but their runflat nature is simply too harsh for beat-up roads like in suburban NY where I live. The only let down are those run-flats for their unrelenting harshness.

Wonderful car
By Paul A.

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everything is just right...Amazing that people are whining about the small cups holders...if you are getting a bimmer,just drive...Leave your coffee and soda for later...The handling is awesome,including the RFT. They are there for handling, performance and SAFETY. More and more companies are going to RFT because the safety. The car is a joy to drive with up to 32 miles/gal on highway...Not too bad from a 230hp engine...I love it

engine, performance and short turning radius.

It would be nice to have direct injection on non turbo models