Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Last BMW. Too Much Technology, Not Fun.
By DavKim88

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a huge BMW-fanatic until now. My 07 is too electronic and takes away from driver inputs regarding acceleration, braking, and lane changing. In order to smooth the ride with the run-flat tires, the base suspension is too soft. The steering is still tight, but swift lane changes are mushy rather than sturdy. Lots of body roll. Accelerator has a delay when being aggressive to swiftly pass, which is more dangerous. Brakes also have computer delay which can be annoying sounding. As per 6/2010 Bimmer magazine, the free maintenance intervals are not enough to keep these cars on the road past 100k. If you must, then lease it. I like my Porsche Cayman better with tight steering.

Good fuel economy, exterior design, door handle lights.

Sport suspension with regular tires and a full size spare. I'll pay for maintenance and just admit to requiring fluid changes beyond just oil. This car will not last beyond 5-7 years like my 2003 would.

Not sure about this one!
By elballard

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With no doubt this car is beautiful! I bought this CPO car with only 32k miles. I am a little concerned at times because shifting from 2nd to 3rd is not smooth. I also experienced an issue with the back, driver side window not going back up. I have only owned this car for less than a month! I was furious when I called my local BMW dealership on a Friday (when the window malfunctioned) to find out that I was up the creek until Monday. I have 2 small children, rain in the forecast and this vehicle is my only means of transportation!

Exterior design & Handling

Needs more in-cab storage & a full size spare

Love the 3 series
By David

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently had to downsize from '07 X5 and I have to say, I am happy that I did. The gas mileage is great, the car control feel like you are on rails, interior is very comfortable (sport package seats, highly recommend). The amount of power is amazing for such a small car. Overall, I very happy with the car and will continue being a dedicated BMW consumer.

Seats, bluetooth, navigation, car control

Cup holders

Great car
By Franco

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well I wait one year before I put my comment, I Bought this car last year so far everyday is like the first day, love to drive this car my wife also drives a BMW 2006 and she fell the same.

sun roof, bluetooth

put regular tire no run-flats tire

CPO 3 Series
By Steve

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car with 35k on it in November of '09. It was CPO'ed and I really believe that is the way to go. So far, the reliability has been great, as I drive 110 miles round trip to work everyday. This is my first bimmer with many, many more to come.

Bluetooth, Comfortable ride on the interstate, exterior design, understated but high quality interior fit and finish, moon roof, Sport Mode

Not really crazy about the run-flats, but not as bad as most people say they are. Cup holder are terrible, but I didn't buy a bimmer for that!