Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

great car!!!
By socalarlen

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine SPO a year ago and it is still under warranty. I understand the big gripe on BMWs is cost of maintenance as they age. Since mine is newer and I haven't owned if for long, I can't comment on that. However, I read below that the sunroof makes noise? No such thing. The car is a joy to drive, it is relatively economical, it works well on regular 87 fuel, workmanship and materials are great quality, it hugs the road and loves to fly, and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. I'm not a big guy (5'8") so it is roomy enough for me. If you're big, you may want to opt for 5-series. I've driven it at just over 110 mph going from San Diego to Vegas and it sticks to the road like glue.

Driving a BMW is absolutely the most fun. You never get tired. the in-line engine makes for smooth accelaration and a feeling that no other car has. Auto transmission is cool and funky...Looks are great, too...

Long term reliability and cost of ownership is something I have heard becomes a problem. But I haven't experienced this myself.

I Love this Car...
By stsraz

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just recently upgraded from a '97 Saturn SL2 to a '07 328xi AWD and I have to say that I LOVE this car. This car was obviously designed for people who LOVE to drive. From the drivers seat, everything is easily accessible. The ride is a tad rougher than on other luxury models I've ridden in, but it only enhances your connection to the experience. This is also a very mean car, from the aggressive lines, to the growl of the inline 6. If you're looking for a daily driver that requires minimal effort and a smooth ride to get point a to point b, I'd look elsewhere. But if you love to drive and want to feel in tune with the car and the road every time you sit down, this is the car for you.

All the tech (auto head lights, auto wipers, great cruise control, push button start), cup holder placement, seat warmers, moon roof, stereo, sporty 6 speed manual transmission, AWD, and 230 horses of nothing but love.

The ability to have stereo information available on the dash display (station, song, etc.). Other than that I think that BMW has gained a long time customer.

Great car
By manos

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very sleek car- very fun to drive. Beautiful interior and exterior - great engine. There's room for improvement with regards to its fuel consumption since i drive quite conservatively. One issue is that the gears are a little sticky. Sometimes I encounter resistance when putting it into R or 1st gear.

interior

gears, fuel consumption

Love this car!
By Rcolley

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months I traded my 2006 BMW 325i (rear wheel drive). I felt the need for all wheel drive, considering the fact that N.Y.C sometimes have unexpected snow storms. My wife and I decided to get the 2007 328xi coupe w/nav in Monaco blue w/beige leather interior. We just loved how beautiful this car looked and it was very comfortable with the sport seats. Surprisingly not a significant difference in power from the 325i 215 hp to 328xi 230 hp nevertheless we love it.

I drive, sport seats and wheels, exterior design, interior design, lights, and ds mode

ditch the run flats.

Disappointing Car
By JP

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all the hype about how wonderful the BMW 3 series are, I purchased a very low mileage CPO vehicle. First, the great looking sunroof is absolutely useless as it is so noisy at any speed above 10 mph, you can't use it. BMW says "This is normal." The speedometer is off by about 5 mph at freeway speeds. BMW says "This is normal." I have a Volvo and a Ford with similar sunroofs and they are quiet. And the speedometer on all my other cars (Chevy, Ford, Volvo) are accurate. BMW touts their cars as having superior engineering, but that is obviously a lot of sales hype. I am looking forward to the day I can trade this one in on almost anything else. Very disappointing car.

Rear wheel drive.

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. BMW needs to copy the seats in the Volvo. Speedometer needs to be calibrated to realistic speed and the the sunroof needs a major re-engineering to achieve the same standards in sound dampening as found in most other cars.