Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Turbo Lag!!!
By BruinMD

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the styling and the car proved to be a joy to drive... until I got my software updated. Instead of boost coming on before 2k RPM as advertised, there is now a significant amount of turbo lag. BMW has altered the performance of my car without my permission, possibly to minimize wear and warranty issues with the turbos. Until this problem is resolved, I would NOT recommend a 335.

Change my software back!!!

2007 BMW 335i 2dr Coupe Automatic
By uracil

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After almost 2 years behind the wheel, I have to say new exterior design is best in its class. Most people will say the best thing about the 335i is the power but I have to add that its brakes are equally as superb. The twin-turbo engine gives 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds then you realize you are way above the speed limit. Rear seating lacks leg room but any who buys the 3-series coupe for its leg room? I've heard enough complaints out there about the infamous iDrive but who cares if you can simply use your voice to control everything? I don't recommend getting the beige interior as it gets dirty too easily. All in all, this is one fine piece of German engineering. 7 out of 10 overall.

Fluidity in the exterior design. Braking. Twin turbo engine and its torque. Cornering ability. Comfort access. Self-timed hot air release from cabin. Voice commands. Bluetooth.

BMW needs to redesign its cup-holder locations and size. Seat belt arm rattles after it retracts. Why does the "passenger airbag off button" only lights up when carrying a passenger? Constantly need software update. Light-colored interior gets dirty way too easily. Only 19-20 mpg locally.

A Living Dream
By eladou

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I leased my 328xi coupe about 20 months ago. I have not had a single regret. Awesome driving, comfort, power, styling, and not too bad fuel economy for the rewarding performance. I calculated my fuel consumption and it was 22 mpg combined. my commute includes highway and inner city driving and I like to use the SD and M modes a lot too. The more power of the 335 would probably be even more fun, but for a first time BMW owner, I am more than happy. But what I was truly impressed by is the 4-wheel drive on the snow. I live in Ohio and my 328 had no trouble cruising on snow when other "larger" 4X4s were slipping and skidding beside me! Note: get the 4-season tires, not the Performance tires.

The typical BMW engine roar at higher rpms is ecstatic and beyond description. excellent on snow.

Better fuel efficiency is always a winner in these days. decrease the costs of options.

Who asked for iDrive and runflat tires?
By quidycat

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had 2007 335cic for a year now. The hardtop has been repaired once. The engine malfunctioned and was in the service dept for 2 weeks for repair. Seat belt didn't retract and had to be replaced. iDrive freezes up periodically and BMW service dept can't fix it because they couldn't reproduce the same problem. Run flat tires are expensive, short lasting, and don't handle well compare with regular tires.

Hardtop convertible. Turbo.

Need to improve reliability and quality.

Total Exhilaration!
By Kathryn

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband wanted a BMW for a long time. I wasn't as convinced what all the fuss was about... but now he can't get behind the wheel. I love my Monaco Blue Coupe! When I put it in sport drive, I just feel exhilaration! Looks very sporty and edgy! Just love it!

Adaptive xenon headlights at night, widens the road. Sport drive function, even going 30 feels like 65.

Cupholders funny place. Automatic seatbelts are kind of annoying.