Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Dissapointing.
By ratafan1

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Honestly I had VW all my life and they were great cars to me despite what most people told me about them, I went ahead and got myself the 2007 BMW 328i manual transmission, ok my concern with this car is mostly the interior
of the car, all the plastic parts inside the vehicle are melting away, the car is only 5 years old always kept in a garage. I wouldnt expect this from a KIA, so if this is called the ultimate driving machine.... thank you but NO thank you.
after calling BMW of America and going to dealers and stuff, nothing they can do to fix it, I guess thats how they appreciate their customers who pay good money for poor quality.

An average in its class
By bokalbs

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Owned it for 4 yrs now. Nice looking exterior. Agile but not as fast. I have to change 2 run flat tires in the first year. The plastic coating on the steering wheel spokes and on the driver's side door handle started chipping off in a year; dealer rep said it is normal wear and tear. (on the 1st yr?) Brake lamps always malfunctioning. Minor negatives that you don't expect in a 40k+ small car.

335i + JB4=Super Car
By m3isme

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had an 06 550i and after reading the reviews, I went ahead and got a black/black with 6 speed. Had her for a month. RFTs are abysmal, changed to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wow what a difference. Quieter and grip feels like it's doubled. Also installed a JB4 module. She now has an extra 100 hp and 100lbs of torque at the crank. M3 fast and gas mileage is wayyyy better city driving (19 vs 12). Seats are comfortable, miss the 20 way power seats of the 5 though. Used to the Idrive (use voice). Sound system is ok.

I'm dreading the unnecessary trips to the dealer, but for 28k plus an extra 1600 in upgrades I gotta car that is stupid fast, fuel efficient, luxurious, and inconspicous.

Manual tran, gas mileage, JB4 upgrade, interior qualtiy, comfort access.

Get rid of the RFTS, 20 way power seats, upgrade the sound system (Audi's Bang & Olufsen is unbeliveable). Crossing fingers I do not end up at the dealership unexpectedly.

335I IS A VERY NICE PERFORMANCE CAR.
By yelis

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Its a true ultimate driving machine, and you MUST have one to understand this. I had Nissan Maxima (2), 08 Audi A4, E46 BMW M3, and now have 06 S2000. My 07 335i was great ! Engine is not as nice as in M3, but still very good. Reliability-wise....I only had to replace turbos under warranty....but then I only had the car from 32k to 47k. Its a shame that reliability is always a problem with German cars, thats why smart people get CPO warranty and stupid people pay CASH for service.

GET CPO !!! AND ENJOY THE CAR !!! (thats if buying used)

LOGIC7, DOKOTA LEATHER SEATS, POWERFUL ENGINE, ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS

Some plastics are cheap and scratch easy, GET RID OFF STUPID RUN FLAT TIRES ! They make the car ride like crap (I switched as soon as I bought mine), seat-belt presenters are stupid and cheap too.....they are fine when they work....

I've fallen in love with my BMW.
By petrolheaded

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The steering is perfectly weighted.
It is simply sublime to drive around any sort of bend.
The car is reasonably powerful.
More power from a 335i or an M3 is almost completely useless unless one plans on breaking the law on a consistent basis.
The gas mileage can be quite reasonable if the car is driven with care (which is difficult to do because it's just so much fun).
Lateral stability at high speed is incredible.
The suspension is stiff yet forgiving.
The "fit and finish"
of the interior is astounding.
I've put 10,000 miles on the car (starting from 27,000) and I've had absolutely no problems with it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Buy this car.

The coupe, especially from the rear, is quite aesthetically pleasing. The quality of the interior is of reference quality. The headlights are wonderfully bright (bi-xenon). The driving dynamics are perfect in all areas. Gas mileage is good. The sport mode makes the car noticeably quicker. Reliability, so far, has been spotless. The standard stereo is surprisingly nice, and I am quite picky about audio quality. It seems as if every part of the car, from the bluetooth, to the stereo, to the engine, to the suspension, to the interior, seems as though someone took quite a lot of care in seeing that everything was perfect or nearly perfect. Best in its class, bar none.

If it's possible, make the suspension a bit softer without sacrificing performance in the corners. Improve the styling of the car from the side views (it's just a bit bland, not poor in any way). Make the shifts in manual mode (I have the automatic, despite what the review says) a bit quicker. Maybe they could offer a transmission with faster gearshift times for a higher price? The electric motors that operate the seats could be a bit more powerful i.e. just move a bit faster, but this is nit-picking. For the most part the car is pleasing to drive, look at, and own in every conceivable way.