Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Performance (when it ran properly) was outstanding, certainly no complaints there. Decent gas mileage too, considering the performance. The car is definitely a looker, one of the best looking BMWs ever made. Sound system was one of the best I've ever heard. It's just too bad BMW shot these cars in the foot with their Yugo-like reliability...

Not much else to say, really. If you're considering one of these, consider yourself warned before you succumb. I had high hopes for this car and really wanted to like it, but with all the issues it had and BMW's seeming indifference to just about everything, I ended up selling it at a loss. Maybe the new 4-series will be better than this 3-series generation, but at this point I honestly couldn't care less - I'm done with BMW - permanently.

Worst car I've owned
By nicholasc

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very unreliable vehicle, I have 62k miles on my car. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors twice. Also had the water pump die on me on the freeway, car goes into limp mode and was glad I wasn't killed. Do not buy one if its gonna be your daily driver and then whats the point of buying one anyway.

Always have a warranty and towing coverage

The Ultimate Driving Myth
By powerrharp

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased mine as a CPO with 33K original miles on it.
IMHO all the dealer did to "CPO" the car was to detail it.
Within the first 24 months it had the following major problems:
1. Power door locks failed
2. Right rear wheel bearing went (was bad on delivery...CPO people were obviously deaf)
3. Electric water pump failed
4. Low oil level warning light came on less than 500 miles after purchase (further proof CPOing ignored that
5. Radio display not visible while wearing polarized lenses..oil leak, battery died, bluetooth not blackberry compatible, outside mirror motor failed....brakes stick on release....

My favorite feature was being handed the check when I dumped that piece of junk. Oh and BTW they have HORRIBLE resale value.

TRY TO GIVE CUSTOMERS VALUE AND QUALITY INSTEAD OF JUST TRYING TO STROKE THEIR EGOS

Fun to drive!
By jerm9697

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car no serious trouble. Very fun to drive and very comfortable! Only thing is that the interior seems to scratch very easily. Other than that the car is great. I would buy another bmw

Don't buy it if you want an econobox
By frazbmw

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have rationalized not getting a 3 series since test driving one before purchasing a TL a number of years ago.
Instantly after driving the TL and 3 back to back I knew the 3 was a better car but I feared long term reliability.
The TL didn't last long and was traded off and years went by before finding a clean 328xi auto with 88k on the odometer.
I recognize that it will be far more expensive to repair than used accords that I was comparing but once you drive one it all seems worth it.
These are solidly built cars not overly contaminated with gadgets or cup holders.
One really starts to enjoy driving, which I haven't done for many years.
The more you DIY the feasible owning seems.

The "Driving Experience". Looks. The way the car holds the line. Perfectly balanced, leather interior is great gauges are simple, professional radio is adequate.

Automatic tranny is confused, given the chance I would have bought a manual rear wheel drive. No run flats and a spare would be something I would personally prefer.