Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 337 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

What a car
By Bob

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car that turns heads the way this one does. Put the top up or down at a stop light and watch the looks. I have even heard "I gotta get me one of those". This is still a new car and only has a few thousand miles on it so far. To say that it is fun to drive is an understatement. This was a gift for my wife and it was a home run. We have the atlantic blue, a new color with the cream interior... stunning. The only problems I have had so far were self induced, but after reading the manual all were solved. I must have a Wednesday car because the workmanship is outstanding. Unbelieveably quiet with the hard top up. Great car.

Top, color, handling, quiet.

Put a spare in the car.

Hold on to the Wheel
By Repeat Owner

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Blk/Blk, sport,prem,nav,ipod. This is one of the most fun cars to drive that I've owned. It has amazing torque and sticks to corners without roll. I'm a previous 5 series owner so it feels a little cramped inside. Extremely disappointed with BMW, as the vehicle left me on the expressway with only 480 miles on it and the SOS service was horrible. The vehicle connected well with the call service, however, the AAA srvc provider BMW uses did not pick up my car for 4 hours (and it was 100 degrees in Atl). Complained to BMW NA but they didn't care. Problem was the belts broke and the car lost all power. Gas mileage is good for a 300 hp car, avg 22.5 mpg. Would get 535i next time for space.

Torque and acceleration! Great stereo... subwoofers provide deep bass, finally. Navigation system is very good and Sirius service makes for a good companion on long commutes. Power folding mirrors are a plus.

Expensive. Unusually heavy brake dust. Need larger navi screen. Trunk too small, can't hold golf clubs. Back seat too small. Run flats run rough.

Perfect for Michigan
By Joe

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 328xi has the premium, sport, and cold weather packages, and it is also a manual. It's a great car. The run flat tires are hard for Michigan roads, but I've had no problems otherwise. The accelerator pedal (electronic, I suspect) is a bit dead, but the rest of the controls are great. There is no on-the-road performance hit compared to the sedan or coupe. I considered and test drove them all.

Utility (my folding kayak fits inside), and the awd (though torque steer is present), BMW service both from the dealer and the company are great.

The polarization on the radio face is incorrect, so you can't see it when wearing sunglasses - the rest of the instruments are ok. Improve the accelerator pedal feel. Bring the 335d wagon from Europe.

Glad I waited
By JohnM

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a long time for just the right BMW, AWD 6-speed manual stylish coupe, and couldn't be happier. A perfect daily driver for my needs. Always fun. Superb on two long highway trips so far. Great combination of exhilarating when pushed and serene when cruising. Unbelievable cornering forces generated even with the lowly Conti all-season run-flats. Completely predictable handling always. Firm ride is OK but big bumps cause a resounding whack when suspension bottoms - avoid potholes. Upgrade sound system is worth it - best I have heard. Bluetooth works great. Very little wind noise or buffeting with sunroof and windows open. Beautiful engine. Notchy shifter improving a bit with break-in.

Suspension - typical BMW - world-class ride/hanling compromise. Sound system - great and distortion-free at high volumes with all types of music.

Trunk release button is far down under dash on driver side. Homelink will not work unless engine is started. Voice commands on Bluetooth are picky and Teutonic male voice is hilariously stern.

Top notch but...
By bma

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Can’t be too harsh on critique with so much to praise on performance. Low end torque is all I need. With steering that turns like a sticky roller coaster, a warp drive tranny alone in its own universe, and all the speed you need, This thing is really the best. But sacrifice for the privilege. True cost to own is double that of a Mini and you must be able to drop it off at the dealer regularly without a grimace. I have been in for repair a few times and will go back again while trying to remain calm. After owning for 6 months, the inconvenience is now starting to outweigh the fading thrill.

I mind meld with this thing.

More choices in color, tires, electronics.