Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW
By Gabriele Moison

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this beauty and love the car. The only problem we have is that the convertible top is not working like it suppose to. It has been in the shop 4 times since we purchased the vehicle. The first time it was a computer chip where they literally had to take out the back seat. Then it was another computer glitch and now the top when it is closed makes noises. The runflats I am not impressed, the ride is rough when you hit a bump and then the tire light comes on. Other then that we love the car.

It is definitely a head turner We love the navigation system, all though it is not as good as our Garmin in the other car. The Sirius radio and the SOS button.

Would like a spare in the car!

This Convertible is Fun to Drive
By sunny21

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The look of this vehicle is one of the best. Definitely a head turner. I had a problem with the top; minor issue. I also got a flat tire on those less than par run-flat tires. Luckily I had purchased the warranty so I was reimbursed for the high price tag. Not sure impractical in AZ. All in all great car!!

Convertible top

Cup holder in awkward location.

Fun car but below average
By quidycat

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car in 5/07. The hardtop has been fixed once. The seatbelt metal clip put a few dents and scratches on the inside of driver's door. Driver seat is uncomfortable despite adjustment. Run flat tires are heavy and don't perform so well. No room for spare tire. iDrive freezes up occasionally and service dept can't duplicate it, and therefore they can't fix it. "Engine malfunction, reduced power" came on at 21000 miles in 10 months, now pending repair.

Fun to drive, nice acceleration, and having the hardtop.

Improve quality, reliability, seat adjustment, use non-runflat tires, improve iDrive. Most of all, improve the service depts!

2007 335i cabriolet
By 335i Convertible

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned seven BMWs over the last 30 years, beginning with a 1974 2002. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It performs just as advertized. The engine is incredible. Very smooth, powerful and fast. And the car actually gets 21 mpg around town and 29 on the highway (automatic tranny)! The front seats are comfortable, but the back is a little cramped (although not bad for a convertible). What is really amazing is how quiet the car is when the roof is up. Solid as a hard top. This is truly one of BMW's best creations and I recommend it to anyone who wants a great convertible!

powerful, economical engine, retracting hard top, big trunk,

A Very Satisfied Owner
By sf31

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had always wanted a true convertible and when I read about the new 335 hardtop conv and the tt engine I plunked down my money. I took ED delivery in July and we had a once in a lifetime expereince driving through the Alps and Italy. It is now home and over Thanksgiving it had its first long trip of 1,200m RT. Although it is technically a very sophisticated car, with heaps of electronic gadgetry - I have iDrive - it all works as advertised. I even lowered the top on I-95 in stopped traffic. Needless to say, it is fast and performs very well. And it is quiet cruising at 100 as if it were a coupe. Gas mileage isn't bad either, getting 23 mpg in a mix of suburban and high speed driving.

The twin turbo engine, build quality, overall design and execution, good looks, Sirius radio, cruise control, comfort assist, folding rear seat, safety devices for folding top.

I can't think of any.