Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Sports car with 4 doors
By BMW fan

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Amazing handling! This is like driving a true sports car, but it has 4 doors and seating for 5. Mine has the sport package, which firms up the ride, but makes for great handling and flat cornering, and still is pretty smooth. I thought that I would miss the power of the 335, but the 328 is pretty fast, and gets much better mileage than the 335 (I've gotten between 22-30 mpg so far). I love the sport mode with the auto transmission; shifts happen faster and hold the gear longer.

Sport package (handling), sport mode, the sport seat, great combination of flat cornering and smooth ride, looks.

Back seat a bit cramped (but at least it seats 3), manual sport seat is hard to adjust (get the power seat if at all possible),

Lock and Window Shutdown
By tetemia

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car had a complete lock and window shut down. I was stuck inside the car for over 10 minutes. The salesman told me the same thing happened to his car. I want to know if there is anyone out there that has had this same problem. Also, the driver mat rolls up and presses on the accelerator. I had horrible customer service experience. As bad as having to crawl in and out of my car, not even the manual key would open the door!

Color and exterior trim look.

Better safety features for this shut- down problem. Better driver floor mats.

Last BMW. Too Much Technology, Not Fun.
By DavKim88

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a huge BMW-fanatic until now. My 07 is too electronic and takes away from driver inputs regarding acceleration, braking, and lane changing. In order to smooth the ride with the run-flat tires, the base suspension is too soft. The steering is still tight, but swift lane changes are mushy rather than sturdy. Lots of body roll. Accelerator has a delay when being aggressive to swiftly pass, which is more dangerous. Brakes also have computer delay which can be annoying sounding. As per 6/2010 Bimmer magazine, the free maintenance intervals are not enough to keep these cars on the road past 100k. If you must, then lease it. I like my Porsche Cayman better with tight steering.

Good fuel economy, exterior design, door handle lights.

Sport suspension with regular tires and a full size spare. I'll pay for maintenance and just admit to requiring fluid changes beyond just oil. This car will not last beyond 5-7 years like my 2003 would.

Not sure about this one!
By elballard

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With no doubt this car is beautiful! I bought this CPO car with only 32k miles. I am a little concerned at times because shifting from 2nd to 3rd is not smooth. I also experienced an issue with the back, driver side window not going back up. I have only owned this car for less than a month! I was furious when I called my local BMW dealership on a Friday (when the window malfunctioned) to find out that I was up the creek until Monday. I have 2 small children, rain in the forecast and this vehicle is my only means of transportation!

Exterior design & Handling

Needs more in-cab storage & a full size spare

Generally Happy
By Generally Happy

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this slightly used vehicle, which was a dealer's car with only 6,000 miles on it. Consider that was a good move as I reaped savings from not buying brand new. Love to drive the car, especially around curves. While I haven't had major problems, I have had to have the car serviced for many nuisances, such as the leather on the driver's seat, which has had to be attended to twice. Also, I had an issue with several pieces of trim in the vehicle which had to be replaced due to the finish coming off. I wasn't expecting that from a BMW at all. Overall love the car and worked really well as my young son could comfortably fit in the back seat. However, he is four and I need more space now.

The interior feels luxurious (it ought to!) and I love driving the car around curves. While the warranty is in effect, the dealer gives me a loaner every time I get service, which is really super convenient. I like the pick-up when you hit the accelerator. It is the ultimate driving machine.

Cupholders are not practical. Not just the cupholders towards the dash, but also the middle cup holder is extremely small and can't hold an American size coffee cup. Also, why should the finish be coming off on the interior pieces? I have had one part replaced at least twice!