Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 338 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Perfect 4-door sedan
By Craig

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 5000 miles on this car. It is a dream to drive, and the ideal practical yet fun to drive sedan. I previously owned a '98 328i and this car is leaps and bounds better in every category. I was a little nervous about opting for automatic transmission this time, but I needn't have worried. With manual, sport, and "D" modes to choose from, and quick shifting, it is exceptionally competent and fun. It doesn't hurt that the massive torque is available at almost any RPM, so acceleration is strong in any gear. The run flat tires are a mixed bag--I like the safety feature but don't care for the harsher ride and potential expense to replace.

Acceleration (huge and flat torque curve from 1500 RPM), handling, brakes, Bluetooth, exceptional automatic transmission, no cost 4 years maintenance, driving it on the German Autobahn

Smoother ride on potholed roads, larger digits on instrument panel, ability to read radio LCD with polarized sunglasses, hesitation and jerk sometimes when accelerating from a stop.

What a Rocket!
By Doug

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

One word: wow! This is my first Bimmer. I've owned American muscle cars and turbo-charged imports, but nothing combines drive and performance like this 335i. It has the raw power of my old V8 camero, and sticks to the road like my 300Z - the best of both worlds. Almost all the cars on the lots were auto, and all had the premium package. We ordered ours from the factory in Germany in order to get a 6 speed manual gearbox with all the sport options and very little of the "premium" options (no i-drive, thank goodness). It arrive in 5 weeks. It feels like we got a production M3 right of the box! We have had it for almost 7 months now and its still a thrill.

The engine is incredible - NO turbo lag. Want to go fast? Flatten the pedal to the floor and let the computer do all the fuel flow adjustments. Smooth power and incredible cornering. I actually turned off the traction control once just to remember what a loose end on a high speed turn felt like!

I'm six foot so it's comfortable in the front, but a bit tight in the back for teh shoulders. The G35 was roomier in back, but you have to give up a lot for the added space. Also the front cup holders are poorly placed - they stick way out. I hit my knee on them when I'm the passenger if they're out

2007 335i cabriolet
By 335i Convertible

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned seven BMWs over the last 30 years, beginning with a 1974 2002. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It performs just as advertized. The engine is incredible. Very smooth, powerful and fast. And the car actually gets 21 mpg around town and 29 on the highway (automatic tranny)! The front seats are comfortable, but the back is a little cramped (although not bad for a convertible). What is really amazing is how quiet the car is when the roof is up. Solid as a hard top. This is truly one of BMW's best creations and I recommend it to anyone who wants a great convertible!

powerful, economical engine, retracting hard top, big trunk,

THe best got better
By lekkousa

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in our beloved 2004 325i wagon, the wife actually cried when we gave it to the dealer, for the 2007 328i which we knew couldn't be as good as our 2004 model. WE WERE WRONG! The '07 is more refined, better handling, faster, and smoother than our old wagon. Only area of concern to me is run flat tires, I much prefer a spare, but have had no issues at all.

2007 BMW 335xi
By tact5225

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You buy, you pay, and you pay some more. But you have a blast while your doing it. Also make the right choice and get the manual.

The iDrive system.

Scrolling on the iPod music list gets tedious, cup holders need redesigning attention, current ones get stuck, but cool idea.