Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to Drive - Even with RFT
By Tommy Phillips

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 328I for 30 months. This is my 4th BMW 3 series. Third 3-Series with RFT. Best yet. The car has improved in handling, performance,safety, lots of gadgets and looks great parked. The run flat tires have been great on highway trips. (Drove Atlanta to Baltimore twice) Don't have to worry about a blowout at 100mph or sitting on the side of the road. However, I have learned the tricks of the RFT. Go to NTB to get the tires patched and get tires from Tirerack.com both will save your sanity and keep your love of the car intact. Also, buy a spare tire for long trips if you feel uneasy about the RFT (also cheap on Tirerack.com) much cheaper then getting through the BMW dealer.

Night lights on door handles. Great handling on highway ramps... fast passing ability, great brakes. No charge for service the best.

Make the space large enough for a spare tire in the trunk. Add tool kits and add cup holders that do not intrude into seating area.

Good Car
By Adam

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased as CPO, was a dealer loaner. Drive is generally good and it looks and feels like a BMW. Performance off the line in regular automatic is poor, but sport or manual mode makes it feel much better. Brakes and cornering are very good, but the trade off is a bit of a rough ride, especially over long distances. Fuel economy is about 23 mpg combined city/highway. Interior features are good and feels spacious, except that radio stack cannot be seen with sunglasses on. We also had a random failure of one of the side mirror covers on the highway, when the plastic part just fell off and was replaced under warranty. If you can get a good deal its a good solid car.

Manual/sport mode gives lots of a power; total number of features is outstanding; car feels bigger than it is on the inside (holds a kid, a dog and christmas presents easily).

Better throttle response in standard auto mode; more comfortable seats and ride over long distances; better build quality (plastic part should not fall off at 28,000 miles).

BMW touring 3 series
By Juan Checa

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle work great for me because I used to have a Volvo S40 and a S10 chevy truck and got rid of both for my touring and so far it's being good for my purpose. Good to travel.

The panoramic sunroof and the navigation system are awesome.

A little more room for the rear passengers.

5 regrets
By Richard Fink

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Notwithstanding the following, the 328 Touring is great automobile, but in the hopes that these comments may come to BMW's attention, here are five criticisms: 1) the rear hatch requires some effort to open; 2) the direction signal is overly electronic and can miss the off position; 3) the radio control is based on some old DOS format and is awkward to change from cd to tuner; 4) the car produces a large clunk over potholes; 5) the transmission spends so much time seeking gas savings it's slow to down shift (and the sport mode is way too nervous). These should be all easy to correct. But perhaps most disturbing is that the car's ride is drifting towards that of Lexus and away from BMW.

Large carrying capacity for a small car; rides in an aura of comfort and security.

see above

Just buy the Bimmer you won't be sorry!
By Zymurgy

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I wanted a wagon for the extra room, but I wasn't going to compromise handling or fuel economy getting a crossover SUV. I like to test drive cars and have test driven a lot. I was ready to buy another Passat wagon (I loved every 100000 miles I put on my original), but then I test drove a 3 series - it was all over. There was no comparison with any other car that I have driven. Somehow they have combined the handling and comfortable ride like nothing I've ever driven. Good MPG. I took a 600 mile trip through mountains. Driving in the 80 range no cruise got 26. Before the mountains, rolling hills, some towns, cruise set mostly around 65 I got 30, everyday combination 24.

The handling plus the comfortable ride. I love the styling. The best looking sport wagon on the planet. The all wheel drive. I haven't driven it in the snow yet but it's completely sure footed in the pouring rain. I tried to make it brake loose in the pouring rain on a 25 mph ramp, it held tight

If you want the wagon main thing is we want the turbo. This would make it complete. Plus give me back my spare tire.