Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Very pleased overall
By CAC

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The overall styling is very advanced. My 328 has the Sport Package which makes for a firm ride, but the road grip is unbelievable. The car seems to be held back at highway speeds and feels more at home the faster you go, but never edgy. Brakes are superb. The 6-speed manual feels solid, although I wish 1st gear would extend a bit further...it seems to wind out fairly quickly. Adaptive xenon lights are way cool and seem 100% brighter than any other car's lights. Interior is comfortable, but quite snug, so forget it if you're a little on the heavy side. The leatherette seats are easy to maintain and of exceptional quality. The seat belt arm that extends the front seat belt is a little gimmicky.

Handling package, comfort access, road feel. Lighting all around - in and out - is space-age. The mileage is also incredible...I recorded 32.9 mpg at 75mph from FL to SC. Standard radio is quite good.

Angle the stereo so it can be seen with sunglasses. Allow owners to reset their maintenance alerts themselves for simple tasks such as oil changes. Get rid of the run-flats and put spare donuts back in. Extend 1st gear out further on the 6-speed manuals.

I miss my car
By Jamie K

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Sadly, I had to get rid of my new coupe when I moved to Manhattan. This was my second newly leased 3 Series, and I loved it. The interior just improved on its predecessor, but perhaps the drive of the car was a slightly looser, lower and heavier than my 2003 sedan. But so much fun, I had a 6-speed manual, and just loved pushing this car. The interior defined luxury for me. I understand "editor’s obsessions” with buttons, but the eccentric, simplistic design of this car is one of its best assets. That and rear-wheel drive, and of course, everything always worked.

Love the iPod radio control, interior design and seating. Exterior design, headlights, drive quality, tight steering, quality button and trim materials. Auto brakes when parked in neutral, anti-abrupt-breaking movement when coming to a complete stop. Fall down read seats.

Ditch the HD radio or make it free, it was a waste of money and unreliable. Make the MP3 player controls more sophisticated and iPod-like.

Total Exhilaration!
By Kathryn

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband wanted a BMW for a long time. I wasn't as convinced what all the fuss was about... but now he can't get behind the wheel. I love my Monaco Blue Coupe! When I put it in sport drive, I just feel exhilaration! Looks very sporty and edgy! Just love it!

Adaptive xenon headlights at night, widens the road. Sport drive function, even going 30 feels like 65.

Cupholders funny place. Automatic seatbelts are kind of annoying.

Beautiful design
By JT

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, the first is a 750I. My wife wanted something sporty and the 328i Coupe fits the bill. The design is a work of art, add in the performance and this car is a masterpiece. It feels, looks, and drives great!

Design, acceleration, cabin layout.

Get rid of the seatbelt arms.

I love this car!
By dstrobelt

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with this car from the first online announcement, designed to suit with every available option and upgrade; waited 4 months for delivery! Worth the wait, handles marvelously, turns on a dime, corners on wet pavement effortlessly, incredible front passenger sporty comfort, spunky acceleration (but I do feel some turbo lag).

Exterior and interior design is classy, sleek, and sexy.

Run Flat Tires are a nightmare. Bridgestone should be ashamed (with the hard composite material a small pot hole feels like the front end of the car fell off). The cup holders are terribly placed if a passenger is in the car. The turbo lag starts to annoy.