Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Expensive to Maintain
By Benson

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW performance is great and the car looks good, however, if you want to own a used BMW without warranty you will get very disappointed. I have owned different types of used cars some even older but none compares to a BMW. The maintenance of BMW is a disappointment. There is alway a service engine light on the dashboard that always requires expensive attention.

Simply the best bmw!
By Jonas Bickford

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Our 2007 BMW 328i (3.0 litre I6) is one of the best cars out there! The 3.0 litre I6 hasplenty power! The 230 horses has gotten us to 105 EASILY! The only problem we've had so far is an oil leak...that costs about 1k to fix...but its worth having the car! I'm not a huge fan of the fake wood on the dash and panels but whatever. I'm actually kind of glad we dont have iDrive because i've heard up until 2009 models, iDrive has sucked. The BMW professional sound system is great! Rear seat room is ok...front seats are comfortable enough. Luckily German cars have a lot of pop-on parts. One of the coolest features is the BMW flashlight in the glove compartment! This car is great! We bought it for 8k, but it was really priced at 14k. We bought it in December of 2015. But resale value on BMWs is horrible. This car is GREAT!

'07 335i Cabby
By Craig

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Check for recalls, I had only 1. This thing is a blast to drive, it's just as fast as an M3, and has a much smoother ride. Watch the speedo, it will easily get away from your attention span. On a recent road trip, my wife was cruising at 100mph, she was very surprised. It got away from her and she says she doesn't like going that fast.(right.) The thing turns like it's on rails. My Grandkids ask for rides every time they come over. I get a lot of people who try to 'impress' me with other brands, usually young men in Asain cars. I just smile, or sometimes laugh out loud. Usually the people who drive other cars of similar quality, appreciate it, as I do their cars.

Best car I've owned when things didn't break
By Cj

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fantastic car. Powerful. smooth. Expensive to repair when repairs come up. But generally awesome vehicle. Perfect size.. And handles amazingly.

My only spoiled child treated me like a bad parent
By Marlene M

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I special ordered a 2007 BMW 328i coupe in 9/06. I did the BMW destination pickup in NC. Went through a 3.5 hour delivery and 4 hours of BMW driving school learning all features. ABS, traction control, etc. I know my car inside out. I ordered the 328i over the 335i because, I wanted to put the extra money into the inside. Believe me the 328i is fast enough unless you are going to race on a track. I put $11,900 of packages and options on this car because, I wanted to keep it forever. I love my car I even put Active Steering which makes it a baby 6 series. It is Space Grey with Red interior. I wanted heated seats and being from the south that was not an option unless you were in the northern region at the time. They got it for me. I wrote a check with taxes and fees for $49,451. I have changed the oil every 6K miles instead of 15K as suggested. I have 71,181 miles which is an average little over $8000 miles a year since I took delivery in 11/06. This car stayed in the shop with electrical issues for the first 2 years. I drove their loner cars more than I drove my car. I ran out of time on my warranty before miles so, I bought their expensive extended warranty and used it twice. I think I was about 1K up on that $3200 and ran out of time before miles again. Please do not let your battery go dead. No one told me that. Then modules go out and it cost me over $1500 for a battery and the modules that blew. Let me say this that I have a good aftermarket BMW repair shop that I found that is honest and is about two thirds or less of the BMW dealership cost after my warrant was gone. Once your battery goes dead you get a steering wheel lock. It will count down how many times you can start the engine then you are locked out of starting your car. BMW will not let the dealership reset this error but, you have to get the steering column replaced. Thank GOD again I found a good honest aftermarket repair shop. This car is a money pit. There is something every other month now. I could be paying payments on an S Class Mercedes for the repairs now. I went to trade it in on an Infiniti which, the same dealership has a BMW dealership and got an estimate of $5,500 trade. I told them I would burn it in front of the BMW dealership before I would take that for it. The Louis Vuitton purse I had on my arm cost more than that at the time. It makes me sick that I have treated this car like a only child and been treated like a bad parent. The only thing I can say so far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with the engine and it will run like a scaled dog. Yes, I have had it around 140 on the interstate. In sport mode it will out run cars that it would surprise you. My poor child will have to go to some bone yard somewhere. I just refuse to pay payments on a car paid for in full. Everything that goes wrong should be a recall on MOST BMWs. What happen to them. I thought it was the Ultimate Driving Machine. I guess it is as long as it is running! Should I had bought that Mercedes CLK coupe instead? I also will never buy the first new module year car coming out. You have to let them get the bugs out the first year.