Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to drive
By Oldgoat912

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Replacement for 1998 540i six speed. Although smaller my 335i is faster and more nimble. GREAT FUN to drive and comfortable for an old man (66!). My only problem is the tire ware. I don't spin out at every stop sign but had to replace the rear tires at 13,300 miles. I also think it would take one hell of a driver to accelerate faster with the six speed than with the auto trans. I love the shift paddles, the stereo and blue tooth.

Shift paddles, stereo, blue tooth, sports suspension, sports seats.

Include a grandpa mode that is easier on the tire wear and improves fuel consumption.

Wow.
By IloveMy335i

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After many hours of research and two years of savings. I was sold when BMW offered 0.9% financing on all preowned 3series. I've driven many cars from BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche. And currently owned an Accord and Infiniti Fx35. After the test drive of the 335i, I was blown away by how responsive the Twin turbo system was. It drives flawlessly together. I initially thought the car handled only slightly better than my Accord Coupe, until I mentioned this to the sales advisor that I compared the handling of my Honda w/ this BMW! He was floored and took me for a "special" test drive. Let say, he almost made me wet my pants on a round about on ramp to the freeway!

Solid feel of the car. Responsive throttle. Bluetooth. Aggressive, yet understated Styling. Great paint, very easy to remove deep blemishes with a little wax and elbow grease. Piece of mind that my CPO 335i has a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Run Flat tires, I'd prefer a spare over these tires.

Fun car when it's not at the dealer
By BGDC

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i offers an intoxicating engine and a very good chassis with near perfect balance. Sadly, the engine's got a common problem burning through fuel pumps, the chassis is upset easily by the poorly conceived RFTs and the car's balanced but 400 lbs too heavy. I picked up a CPO 335i ZSP as a family car that could offer some space that my Cooper S lacked. In that regard it does fine. No, I'm not getting 30 MPG now (more like 22), but I do have room for the baby in the back and a good sized trunk for family outings. Perfect, if not for: weight (unavoidable), RFTs (replaceable) and engine/turbo malfunctions (I've had nearly all turbo-related parts replaced over 16 days at the dealer).

Power RWD Sure handling Comfy driver's seat

Engine reliability Quality of interior materials Lighter weight Ditch the RFTs for real tires

Fun to Drive - Even with RFT
By Tommy Phillips

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 328I for 30 months. This is my 4th BMW 3 series. Third 3-Series with RFT. Best yet. The car has improved in handling, performance,safety, lots of gadgets and looks great parked. The run flat tires have been great on highway trips. (Drove Atlanta to Baltimore twice) Don't have to worry about a blowout at 100mph or sitting on the side of the road. However, I have learned the tricks of the RFT. Go to NTB to get the tires patched and get tires from Tirerack.com both will save your sanity and keep your love of the car intact. Also, buy a spare tire for long trips if you feel uneasy about the RFT (also cheap on Tirerack.com) much cheaper then getting through the BMW dealer.

Night lights on door handles. Great handling on highway ramps... fast passing ability, great brakes. No charge for service the best.

Make the space large enough for a spare tire in the trunk. Add tool kits and add cup holders that do not intrude into seating area.

Fun, but horrible for rough roads
By MichaelC

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

So, this is a screamer. Everyone knows that. We've had a really bad experience, however. We've bent 7 wheels and replaced 4 tires due to impact damage. The problem? Well, we live in New England and our roads stink. Huge seams where the roads are being repaved are very common. I think maybe BMW didn't give the suspension enough travel or throw or whatever it's called because the shocks don't absorb the shocks on bad bumps and tire and wheel damage are frequent and hugely annoying. If you do buy this car in the North East (I would NOT), be sure to buy from a dealer that offers wheel insurance. Ours didn't. And for BMW, the lousy thing is, no way out. Can't get smaller wheels.

Whoo doggies it's fast. Stops extremely well. Very nice mix of a purring kitten when you're going easy and a raging tiger when you gotta rage.

Man, oh man. Please fix the suspension.