Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

First BMW and my last
By Jim

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted to try the BMW and was impressed with the 335i advertised horsepower and torque. But I didn't really notice the turbo lag on the test drive when I bought the car. Now 2 years later I can't wait to turn this vehicle in. It has been back to the dealer 3 times for performance and I am always told this is normal. It is extremely irritating and dangerous. Try to pull out in traffic or try to go when it is your turn at a 4 way stop and you will have a one second delay from the time you hit the gas until it goes. Then it jerks as the traction control goes on and off. I have had the brake sensors replaced and the steering column. Stay away from this car. Poor quality and performance.

Overall dissapointing
By MN

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Extremely slow steering for a bmw. It takes so much cranking of the wheel just to make a simple turn, and on top of that the effort is really heavy. And they don't offer active steering in xi models. The bridgestone runflats are joke. A fairly quick stop will make them slide. Starting from a stop is jarring. Press the gas in automatic mode and it will first pause for a while and then buck and jerk while it decides if it should continue in second gear or downshift to first. It goes through coolant and oil pretty quickly. Much faster than scheduled maintenance happens. Oh, and forget about spirited driving without sports package..there is NO seat bolstering whatsoever.

Looks. Brand. Acceleration at any rpm is great. Fast shifting automatic.

Windows up using remote. Remote start. Faster steering (by a lot). Active steering in xi models. Bolstering in non-sports package seats. Tougher front windshield that would resist cracks. Headlight washers should be in lamp not bumper. Improve the automatic trans. shifting program.

Best car I will ever own
By stressdoc

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My son and I traveled to Europe to get this car via BMW's European delivery program. Fantastic! Driving this car on the autobahns and alpine switchbacks was the experience of a lifetime. The twin-turbo engine is unbelievable -- Incredible power. 30+ mpg on the highway. Superb handling. Two years and 22k miles later I am still in love with this car. The 2009 models have most of the improvements that I would want, except still no M-sport option. I would also be tempted by the super efficient 50 mpg diesels that are best sellers in Europe.

Tire-smoking, gasp for air stuck into your seat power when you want it. Sublime handling with a superb ride. Solid, reliable, durable. Best sports car on the planet that fits three kids in the back seat and two bales of hay in the trunk.

I swapped the run-flat tires for high-performance rubber. And installed some of the parts from the European M-sport model. Some recent changes to the engine software programs reduce some of the low rpm punch -- a higher performance BMW tune option would be awesome.

Twin turbo failure
By JEG

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought 335XI with all the options, car has been a blast to drive, however in May 2008 my engine light came on took it to the dealership. Dealership had the car for 3 weeks after replacing both turbos and numerous other parts I got the car back but the mechanic did not know what caused the original failure. I started googling "335Xi twin turbo failures" there is a real problem with these cars overheating into limp mode especially cars that don't have oil coolers installed which mine did not I called BMW of North America 3 different times and got the same response, though I bought the 335XI with all options, since I had 17" instead of 18" wheels I was not eligible for the oil cooler kit

Very disappointed in BMW obviously cars without the oil cooler (should have been installed at the factory) are having serious over heating issues (look at the online complaints). Paid $50k for a car that I have to baby, BMW should retro fit all 335s that left the factory without oil coolers.

Run flat tires have to go!
By B8E

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Bridgestone run-flats are a definite fault for my 2007 328i sedan - - noisy, premature wear at 15K miles, overall poor performance. BMW should make buyers aware of the "replacement before $20,000 half-price discount" (why so secretive????); but even more so should get rid of them altogether. Very poor choice for a luxury sedan. BMW should listen to their consumers and ditch the RFTs. This is my third 3 series though the first with RFTs, but will be my last if BMW sticks with the run-flats. Other than this one complaint, I love the car. Considering putting regular radials on it and putting a compact spare/jack in the trunk!

Get rid of sorry run-flat tires!