Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 449 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Back To A BMW!!
By MRG

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It has been almost 11 years since my last BMW and this one does not disappoint. It took only a short time on the test drive to know that my wait for a new 325 was at long last over. I now have a new 2006 325i in Monaco Blue with Beige Leather. The new 3.0l 6 is a vast improvement over the previous 185hp engine. More fun to drive than ever. I find myself looking for reasons to go to the store. The new body is awesome. The sport package is worth every penny. The sport seats take comfort over the stock seats to a new level. Fit and finish are good. Drive one then drive anythig else in it's class and see why they call them The Ultimate Driving Machine!!

Sport package. Cruise control (it's like your own little paddle shifter). Adaptive Xenons. Handling is rock solid. Build is rock solid. Quiet ride with great engine response. Just plain sharp!!

Cup holders, Do they even sell 6 ounce bottled Coke anymore? You would think that the engineers who make a car of this quality would make the owners manual fit in the glove box. Proof that book smarts don't get ya common sense!! Stock radio had better sound in my 1986 325i.

Good performer
By Marty

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for a little over one year now with 12k miles. My car is a 330i with the sport package and heated seats - only the essentials as the other options are too expensive for what they really are. The most noticable features are of course the handling and overall performance - hard to beat by the competition. The interior is very sparse and doesn't have the feel of luxury. Standard seats are vinyl: easy to maintain and durable but hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I'd rather have fabric standard seats like in Europe. Run flat tires are very harsh and expensive to replace with only one choice. The rear tires have been on backorder for weeks now - totally unacceptable.

Handling and fun to drive. Adaptive HID lights. Ergonomics are first class.

Run flat tires are mediocre at best and no replacement available - it just blows my mind. Fabric or real leather seats should be standard instead of plastic. Options are overpriced. The sound system is very average even with the Logic 7 upgrade. Rear defroster not strong enough when snowing.

My First BMW
By FirstBMWEver

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got this car true European delivery program - had chance to drive this car from Munich thru Madrid. Never had such a blast. Excelent car in and out

Comfort, access.

Add POI (point of interest) to Navigation.

Not surprised!
By Alaloom

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd one, I own a 1987 325is which I love. I test drove Infinity, Acura and Lexus before I bought, definately the 215 horses in the 325i must be thoroughbreds. It just feels much more responsive than 215 HP would suggest. Driving experience is unbeatable. It feels like some invisible magnetic force actually keeps it glued to the road. And up to now I got 28.5 MPG combined city/hwy. I got the brushed aluminum trim and I love the way it looks. Gives a sporty yet distinguished look. Many seemed to dislike the cup holders, I actually love them, this is the first car that I experienced that placing a drink in the cupholder has 0 inteference with driving and/or ac/audio controls

European delivery, trip computer, I6 engine much better most V6. 50/50 split helps stability, brakes, rain sensors, pretty much the whole car. MPG meter much more useful than temp sensor (of course it alerts you if temp rises). I just have the base (10 speaker) audio system but it sounds great.

I love the way the car looks in all directions but the rear, which is a bit plain. The turn signal control was a bit hard to get used to, but I now wish my other cars had similar. I would not change that on the BMW, I would just try to persuade everyone else to copy it.

M3 look-a-like
By beamerkid

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got this car last month, and I already fell in love with the car. My dream car is an M3, and this car is really the closet thing you can get to it, especially with the performance package, m wheels and body kit. Some people can't even tell the difference. The car sounds great, everyone that gets in it, mentions the sound of the car. The car take corners and turns better then any other car i've driven. I would highly recommend this car to any interested. or not interested.lol. I would suggest the 330 over the 325 as well because my sister has a 325, and I beat her in any race lol. If you can afford, go for the 330. It's an all around fun car to drive.

The smooth turns, impeccable exterior looks, and loud bmw upgraded Hardon Kardon sound system.

nothing, unless you can make it invisible because every cop on the street stares you down when you're driving it.