Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 450 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Money Pit But Worth It
By Tony

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Love my Bmw 325xi. It holds the road beautifully! This car looks amazing to be a 2006, I've had friends ride with me and think its brand new! Perfect car for a 16 years old first car! There is nothing wrong with the car except for the cost of ownership. My car has 150'000 thousand miles on it and I've put about 30'000 thousand on it already. I've but about $10'000 into it in repairs but i knew what I was getting into to. When my Parents bought it for a good price, the transfer case that drives the front wheels had gone out and it cost about $2800. Also I had to replace the oil pan and things which cost me $1'500. Both of the rear windows motor went out but that was not the cars fault, every time my friends get in and out of my car, they all feel the need to slam my door shut! I am getting an appraisal to see how much it will cost, but its not looking good. Now for the big problem, a few months ago an error code came up with the transmission! The automatic had locked itself in 3rd gear (says the dealer) there was nothing they could do they said but replace it with a brand new one, which would cost a JAW DROPPING $11'000. Needless to say I took it to my personal mechanic and he got it done with $5'400 cash. That is all the problems I've had with my car. While yes it is a money pit, it was worth every penny.

06 325i - Current college student
By Cesar

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an 06 325i with 67,000 last august. Saved up all my money to get a nice car to commute to and from school. Drives amazing, feels amazing, and quite frankly you feel amazing! It honestly feels like driving in a spaceship. You hear nothing except the sound of silence and the road. I am in love with my car. To do my oil changes it usually costs me about 90$ every 5-6,000 miles just because I try to be proactive with oil. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst.. my water pump went this past june which cost me about 1,300 with the change of a battery too. The guy i bought it from didn't change his battery so that battery in there was from 2005 when it was first built. This shows how much of a monster this car! The only problem with the car is it can be expensive. Any repair will cost you a decent chunk. Luckily my father knows about cars and we can do the simple tasks such as oil changes and brake pad changes. Also the car is super low so be careful with potholes as well as speed bumps and going in your drive way since it can scrape the bottom of it. Love my BMW! Any repairs for this vehicle, I'd suggest KAM specialties in Reading, PA. These guys are great and competitively priced.

Bimmer Junkie
By Kevin Stewart

2006 BMW 3 Series 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 325ci for one year now and let me say it's the best car I've ever owned. The overall performance is superior, the way it handles on the highway is a delight for those individuals that want a fast ride. Riding with the top down on a bright sunny day is simply the best.

2006 330CI used purchase
By graeme silvera

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a 2000 Z3 to this as i still wanted a convertible with the excellent handling and fun to drive capabilities of the Z3 but something more "practical". This car is amazing to drive and can fit 3 kids with luggage for the weekend with dad to boot! Highly recommend that you "shark" the car as the performance and throttle response is like night and day - dont know why they dont do this at the factory. Also recommend that you install a short shift kit, both upgrades will make a great car even better. So far no major problems in over 30,000kms of spirited driving.

Acceleration, handling, amazing expanding trunk that can hold an elephant.

cheap plastic interior parts

Great driving car
By dic_camarillo

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We thoroughly enjoy our 2006 BMW 325i sedan.
Ours has a sport package, which includes larger wheels (looks nice), sport steering wheel, but most important is the sport seats.
Dual power seats with power side bolsters and manual seat bottom extenders.
Compared to our 2009 328i (Premium - no sport), the seats on the '06 are so much better.
The ride comfort isn't as good as the '09, but it's still good for a performance sedan.

The fit and finish is still good, materials are very well made and have held up well.
Paint still looks good, except for the repainted bumpers from a parking lot ding (factory paint is so much better than a body shop repair).

Overall, we're very happy!

Handling, smooth idle, precise steering, fade resistant brakes, good looks, quality materials, low maintenance and repairs - you must keep up with maintenance or you'll pay later. Great visibility, feels like an extension of me, comfortable seats, good long distance driving car, smooth on road, lots of front leg room, good stereo, trip computer and all the nice creature comforts.

Needs a little more back seat leg room. Center hump is a bit tall, so car is really a 4 passenger car. A little more power would be nice - our '09 328i is a perfect mix between power and gas mileage.