Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 416 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Good performer
By Marty

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for a little over one year now with 12k miles. My car is a 330i with the sport package and heated seats - only the essentials as the other options are too expensive for what they really are. The most noticable features are of course the handling and overall performance - hard to beat by the competition. The interior is very sparse and doesn't have the feel of luxury. Standard seats are vinyl: easy to maintain and durable but hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I'd rather have fabric standard seats like in Europe. Run flat tires are very harsh and expensive to replace with only one choice. The rear tires have been on backorder for weeks now - totally unacceptable.

Handling and fun to drive. Adaptive HID lights. Ergonomics are first class.

Run flat tires are mediocre at best and no replacement available - it just blows my mind. Fabric or real leather seats should be standard instead of plastic. Options are overpriced. The sound system is very average even with the Logic 7 upgrade. Rear defroster not strong enough when snowing.

My First BMW
By FirstBMWEver

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got this car true European delivery program - had chance to drive this car from Munich thru Madrid. Never had such a blast. Excelent car in and out

Comfort, access.

Add POI (point of interest) to Navigation.

Not surprised!
By Alaloom

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd one, I own a 1987 325is which I love. I test drove Infinity, Acura and Lexus before I bought, definately the 215 horses in the 325i must be thoroughbreds. It just feels much more responsive than 215 HP would suggest. Driving experience is unbeatable. It feels like some invisible magnetic force actually keeps it glued to the road. And up to now I got 28.5 MPG combined city/hwy. I got the brushed aluminum trim and I love the way it looks. Gives a sporty yet distinguished look. Many seemed to dislike the cup holders, I actually love them, this is the first car that I experienced that placing a drink in the cupholder has 0 inteference with driving and/or ac/audio controls

European delivery, trip computer, I6 engine much better most V6. 50/50 split helps stability, brakes, rain sensors, pretty much the whole car. MPG meter much more useful than temp sensor (of course it alerts you if temp rises). I just have the base (10 speaker) audio system but it sounds great.

I love the way the car looks in all directions but the rear, which is a bit plain. The turn signal control was a bit hard to get used to, but I now wish my other cars had similar. I would not change that on the BMW, I would just try to persuade everyone else to copy it.

Highly Recommended
By Ssd99

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's only been a week since I picked up my car and everytime i drive the more i like it. It's still not completely broken in so I'm not really pushing it to the limits yet. Waited three months to decide which car to get. Looking back now I can't believe I wasted so much time. This car is the one and only. If any of you are worried about getting problems with runflats, I suggest buying one from tirerack and when you get a flat just take to a regular tire place and change it there. Because most places don't stock runflats for this car.

Push button start. Handling. Car feels rock SOLID.

Runflats.

It's the little things
By Nice car, but.......

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW. This car handles and looks great. Great A/C and radio. I am a little disappointed in some interior quality issues.

Illuminated door handles look great at night. The 6 speed auto is as smooth as silk.

Replace driver's interior door grip. It is made of plastic and has a rubberized paint which flakes off and scratches easily. Looks terrible on a new car with 500 miles on it. BMW should address this problem.The dealer just wants to repaint the grip because it is part the the larger door panel.