Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 415 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

330i A fun car to drive
By Gary

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second 330i that we have own. The first was a 2003 and we thought they couldn't do better, they did. My wife who never before cared what car she drove loves the 330i. After the first one I had to go and get my own BMW.

The acceleration and handling is great.

None.

I smile ear-to-ear when I start the car
By gizmo4267

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you are looking for an exceptional car, just take a drive in the 325i. First, you slide into the comfortable leather seats and push the button to start the engine. Now, put the auto/manual lever in first gear and put your foot into the gas. The car takes off in a split second. Now, as the tachometer revs, shift into the other gears and you think that you died and went to heaven. The 325i is in a class by itself. It is a beautifully styled car. Great work BMW!

I love the moving headlights and the Cold Weather package.

I do not like the way the door locks work. A keypad and alarm system is best. I also do not like the small door mirrors. You have to be extra careful when changing lanes. Plus, the security system should come as a standard feature.

best bmw yet
By alan cole

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fifth BMW since 1994. I have had 2 540s and three 3 series. I have also owned Lexus, Acura, Volvo... multiples of each, and still own a Porsche This new 330 is the best yet. It literally does it all... performs great, drives smoothly, quietly and gets GREAT gas mileage - 27mpg all around and over 32 on the highway. Would recommend the larger engine 330, but both are fine.

Engine

Interior could use a little more pizzaz

Yes, it is the Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Leno

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The ride is very smooth and the car handles very well. I love the way the car just takes off! The lumbar seats are a must, which I should have gotten. Awkwardly situated cup holders, but overall - I love this car!!

My favorite feature is the way the car handles. I also like the keyless entry and the quiet ride.

Cup holders for driver and passenger need to be relocated.

Disappointed
By Connie

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd 3 series that I have owned and I must say that I am very disappointed. This car has no pick-up and you have to hit the gas to the floor, literally before it jumps forward but not without a 1 or 2 second delay. I do not drive it like my previous 330i, where I could change lanes while I was almost at a complete stop onto oncoming traffic. The first few times I did that with the 325i, it was scary because there was no pick up and I thought I was going to be rear-ended. As for reliabilty, one day, it just died on me... something to do with a cable. Now the bluetooth and SOS features have malfunctioned, the driver's seatbelt sticks all the time and once for almost 5 mins.

Looks great on the outside, smooth tight drive... once it gets going. I love the dual air controls and bluetooth feature (when it works).

The window controls are too far down the arm rest and the trunk switch is in a ridiculous location.