Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 450 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2006 325i
By dmitry

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006, new body, 325i about 3 month ago, love the way it looks, although rims could have been bigger than 16 inches. Interior is not so impressive, handles awesome and highway passing power is great, but, lacks off line power. Fuel economy so far averages at 24 mpg while using 89 octane every other 2 full tanks using 87 octane. Furthermore, as of 3 months, a tire pressure sensor, air bag sensor, driver seat belt, radio and shift knob has been replaced, boy am I glad for warranty and maintenance plan. Although I would not want another vehicle, I think BMW could have done better.

It's a 3 series BMW.

More standard features (power seats), larger rims (not 16 in).

Spectacular BMW 3 Series
By NL

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car for people that enjoy driving. I have had the car for over 2 years - it still exceeds my expectations. By far the best car I have owned. Great handling, brakes and power. The engine revs like a turbine, it is silky smooth all the way to the limit, torque is constant. Keeping the rpm above 3500 will delight the most performance minded driver (manual transmission recommended). And since this was designed for sportiness, it will do this all day long. The car seems to glide over the road, over rough surfaces and in turns. Inside the car is amazingly quiet and extremely comfortable (possibly a little low for some to climb out of). It is the right size for just about everything

Stability in all conditions - perfect combination of suspension, all wheel drive, unobtrusive electronic intervention (aka DSC traction control) and braking. Xenon headlights swivel with the steering. Reliability. Quality. European delivery.

Bridgestone tires became very noisy after 15000 miles. I have been satisfied with Continental replacements. Displays are not compatible with polarized sunglasses. Sun roof no longer closes perfectly - too much wind noise with shade open.

325 ci Convertible - Awesome Car
By Paul G

2006 BMW 3 Series 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. The quality of the build and handling are superior. The driver and passenger seats are a little cramped for long road trips, but acceptable for day drives and cruising. I've owned the car for two years and about 18,000 miles - NO issues to date (except for my aftermarket iPod cable which I needed to replace because it shorted out, but BMW took are of that for me). While I like my ragtop, I am looking to move to the new 330 hardtop convertible probably in a year or two. I highly recommend this car - it's a pleasure to own and to drive!

Performance, styling, and high end sound system (Harmon Kardon).

Improve the driver right side room especially near the console - too tight. Improve the placement of the cup holders - without the center console up, only one of the two cup holders is accessible. I think SAAB has the right idea here with the cool dashboard cupholder I had on my 2003 9-3.

The Best Car I ever Owned
By Mark

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As of 20000 miles there are virtually no negatives other than a minor computer glitch when I first purchased the car. Well worth the price. Excellent in all categories

Handling and a first class engine and transmission

Best Car I've Owned
By johnny e

2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This 330xi is amazing. Quality is superb. I know not all folks have had good experience but this car handles out of this world. Suspension, brakes, etc. Highly recommend this jewel! RFTs? Hmm, still not sure I'm a fan but so far, so good!

Handling, handling, handling!

Little more power would be nice.