Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

06 325i - Current college student
By Cesar

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an 06 325i with 67,000 last august. Saved up all my money to get a nice car to commute to and from school. Drives amazing, feels amazing, and quite frankly you feel amazing! It honestly feels like driving in a spaceship. You hear nothing except the sound of silence and the road. I am in love with my car. To do my oil changes it usually costs me about 90$ every 5-6,000 miles just because I try to be proactive with oil. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst.. my water pump went this past june which cost me about 1,300 with the change of a battery too. The guy i bought it from didn't change his battery so that battery in there was from 2005 when it was first built. This shows how much of a monster this car! The only problem with the car is it can be expensive. Any repair will cost you a decent chunk. Luckily my father knows about cars and we can do the simple tasks such as oil changes and brake pad changes. Also the car is super low so be careful with potholes as well as speed bumps and going in your drive way since it can scrape the bottom of it. Love my BMW! Any repairs for this vehicle, I'd suggest KAM specialties in Reading, PA. These guys are great and competitively priced.

Great driving car
By dic_camarillo

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We thoroughly enjoy our 2006 BMW 325i sedan.
Ours has a sport package, which includes larger wheels (looks nice), sport steering wheel, but most important is the sport seats.
Dual power seats with power side bolsters and manual seat bottom extenders.
Compared to our 2009 328i (Premium - no sport), the seats on the '06 are so much better.
The ride comfort isn't as good as the '09, but it's still good for a performance sedan.

The fit and finish is still good, materials are very well made and have held up well.
Paint still looks good, except for the repainted bumpers from a parking lot ding (factory paint is so much better than a body shop repair).

Overall, we're very happy!

Handling, smooth idle, precise steering, fade resistant brakes, good looks, quality materials, low maintenance and repairs - you must keep up with maintenance or you'll pay later. Great visibility, feels like an extension of me, comfortable seats, good long distance driving car, smooth on road, lots of front leg room, good stereo, trip computer and all the nice creature comforts.

Needs a little more back seat leg room. Center hump is a bit tall, so car is really a 4 passenger car. A little more power would be nice - our '09 328i is a perfect mix between power and gas mileage.

Would not purchase another BMW
By h13cyl

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. Have own many different type of cars and none have disappointed like this 2006 325I. Here is the history of the money pit;
In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. The bad; head replaced, valve cover-broken bolts, door handle sticking, water pump, rear window replaced because of faulty defogger grid , rear windows sometime work, starter motor, ignition coils, less than 90k on my car.
No more than a money pit. The Good; fun to drive.
the car now has 125k on the clock, oil pan gasket replace, another starter, more broken valve cover bolts, oil filter housing gasket replaced.

Buy beware
By garyatvartac

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW is a maintenance night mare. I absolutely hate my car b/c it is as reliable as the wind. The craftsman ship of the 3 series is poor at best. My car started to pour not leak oil. The entire cooling system failed at 90,000 miles. The car is a big money pit. The electric water pump on the car costs around 600 dollars and the thermostat is 150 at a discounted auto parts store. I paid 1200 at an independent shop to get the starter replaced. My BMW was nothing but an overpriced piece of junk. The car was underpowered and unreliable at best.

Fun to drive but frequent fixes
By alphonsea

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this 325i new in Oct. 2005 as a 2006 model. High on fun to drive meter but too many serious repairs. The car was great until about 75K miles. From 75k to 129k ignition coil failures, head bolt replacements, chipping paint, window motor failure, radio LED failure and sticky door handles. However I still love the car but not inclined to purchase another. I also had a 94 325 and a 97 525 which had less electronics but were more reliable.

Handling, smooth reving engine, excellent braking

Get rid of half the electronics and focus on durable drivetrain and suspension.