Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Not surprised!
By Alaloom

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd one, I own a 1987 325is which I love. I test drove Infinity, Acura and Lexus before I bought, definately the 215 horses in the 325i must be thoroughbreds. It just feels much more responsive than 215 HP would suggest. Driving experience is unbeatable. It feels like some invisible magnetic force actually keeps it glued to the road. And up to now I got 28.5 MPG combined city/hwy. I got the brushed aluminum trim and I love the way it looks. Gives a sporty yet distinguished look. Many seemed to dislike the cup holders, I actually love them, this is the first car that I experienced that placing a drink in the cupholder has 0 inteference with driving and/or ac/audio controls

European delivery, trip computer, I6 engine much better most V6. 50/50 split helps stability, brakes, rain sensors, pretty much the whole car. MPG meter much more useful than temp sensor (of course it alerts you if temp rises). I just have the base (10 speaker) audio system but it sounds great.

I love the way the car looks in all directions but the rear, which is a bit plain. The turn signal control was a bit hard to get used to, but I now wish my other cars had similar. I would not change that on the BMW, I would just try to persuade everyone else to copy it.

It's the little things
By Nice car, but.......

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW. This car handles and looks great. Great A/C and radio. I am a little disappointed in some interior quality issues.

Illuminated door handles look great at night. The 6 speed auto is as smooth as silk.

Replace driver's interior door grip. It is made of plastic and has a rubberized paint which flakes off and scratches easily. Looks terrible on a new car with 500 miles on it. BMW should address this problem.The dealer just wants to repaint the grip because it is part the the larger door panel.

Overrated 325I
By Richard Lipp

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

By far the most overrated car I have ever owned. Interior is slightly above average. Craftmanship is fair to poor. Paint is poor. Tires (Bridgestone RFT's) are the worst ever. BMW NA is the least consumer oriented company I have ever dealt with. I would never buy another BMW again. There are many alternatives in the $35-50,000 range that are considerably better in many ways. Don't be sold on the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype. Good marketing program but no substance.

Exterior appearance. That's about it!

More detail should be put into interior craftsmanship. Interior material quality is poor. Exterior paint quality is poor. Radio is substandard for a car of this price. Performance is VERY overrated. My car is well maintained and garaged and it feels and looks older than a year.

Quality for Performance
By PK Gupta

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is in true sense a driver's car. It shows its perfection during turning, braking and aggressive maneuvering. I like auto-learning transmission, rain-sensing wipers and Harmon Kardon speaker system, among many of its features.

Auto-learning transmission

Run flat tires. Cup holders.

Perfect 10.. well almost
By MyCarRox

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Man my dad was mad when I bought this one but I was ecstatic as was everybody else who got the first ride in this beauty. I got nlack with black leather, navigation system, premium package, Satellite radio so this has a lot of bells and whistles. Well I am shallow. I have had this car for 13 months now and boy have I been happy. Just sitting in it makes me smile. Driving it gives me a rush like I am on top of the world.

1. Fun factor unlimited 2. Silent interiors 3. Great looks, a sure head turner 4. Adaptive Xenon headlights 5. I have had 5 average build ppl sit in without much discomfort. 6. Long drives do not feel long anymore. :)

1. Cup Holder. Now engineers what the hell were you thinking? The passenger's knees knock the drinks off all the time. I have to tell my passengers to watch their knees or hold their drinks. 2. Small glove box does not even fit the leather manuals pack that came with the car.