Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Not a good car
By cao

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

As a new car with decent pricing, the car is not up to the standard: 1) encountered a total electronic system shut-down during a freeway driving. After that, the dealer couldn't figure out the problem; 2) fuel tank has to be replaced after 13K miles, due to its inherent defect (unspecified). After replacement, it is still having trouble taking a full tank. 3) air condition/heater never seems to be working complete fine in "auto" mode.

Exterior design.

The on-board computer does not tells whether there is a hole on the hood. Also, on-board computer itself can be the defective part in the car.

AMAZING CAR
By BIMMERLOVER

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I used to drive a VW Golf, but always wanted a BMW. Purchased a 325i 4dr sedan and its amazing. 5 speed, Bright Red, low suspension, 17 sport rims, sport package, heated seats.. great drive and safety.. gas mileage is good

17 inch rims, red color, heated seats.. mp3 capability

Sports package has sport tires... had to spend money on a set of winter tires and rims for about a grand... worth it though... also a lot of little noises in the interior are annoying... still love it though!

330i with mp package
By rayc

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream come true! Excellent power, excellent handling, outstanding braking power. I love this vehicle.

Performance package.

I can't think of any.

Excellent
By chris870

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car - handles better than my Audi S4, great in the snow thru 2 winters, and excellent build quality. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Handling, of course! Also love the Sirius satellite radio, and the solid 'thunk' when you close the door.

Seating surfaces... leatherette??

A REAL car that suits me perfectly
By Carlman

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned several cars over the past 10 years. All were new compacts. I wanted something that could take passengers to lunch for business but was fun to drive, reasonable gas mileage, and was quiet and comfortable for long trips. I got it all in spades with the 325i I bought. I bought a base model which had more features than I wanted. Finding a manual tranny on a 325i is tough. I replaced the wood trim with aluminum and it looks fantastic. I love the sound of the engine, the handling, the intuitive nature of the controls, and everything about this car. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Interior layout. Engine growl. Quiet cruising. Responsiveness (engine and handling). Comfort of myself and passengers. Thousands of 'little things' they thought of to help keep your focus on driving. Solid engineering. Gas mileage, I get 27mpg on average, 25 city and 32 hwy.

None, it's really perfect to me.