Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Buy it if you are thinking about it
By dbmw

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever owned and it performs wonderfully both in town and on the open road.

Speed.

Cup holders are hard to maneuver.

My new (sort of) BMW
By PeterK

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the car. I think that purchasing a car like this comes with the understanding that you are getting into a "drivers" car. It may not have the softest seats but they are supportive and hold you well while you carbe the corners with this amazing car. The handling is outstanding for a 4 door sedan. I have the 17" wheels with the upgraded suspension and the ride is firm just the way "I" like it. To me its almost perfect. With that im mind you should buy what you need/want. If you buy this car expecting something other then BMW, it will not work for you and you will not be happy. I am absolutely crazy about the car. Very well done VW. Just enough power to make driving just great.

Handling, braking, steering in general, seat comfort and support, body styling, sound system is great, great headlight with good night time visibility, and I do love the great dash colour at night... it's clear and easy on the eyes.

Im sure there are always areas for improvement. Exhaust note is nice but could be a bit more deep from the factory. Not too much, just a bit. Factory tinted glass would be great... not sure if its available.

New to me!
By bg

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 325xi with 34k miles. I took her on a trip from CT to NC (with 2 other people in the car and luggage) and got 481 miles to the tank. That's 32 mpg! What a great car! I would totally recommend getting one! So much fun to drive!

AWD, Sport package, getting about 32 mpg, heated seats, sunroof!

Slightly bigger trunk, and a standard trip computer with mpg & miles until empty feature (I have that on my M3).

New to me!
By bg

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I picked up a used 2005 325xi with 34k miles. Silver-gray metallic with the sport package. What a great car! Handles beautifully! Decent gas mileage as well (overall 22 / 28+ on hwy). Classic BMW style and comfortable too. Go and get one!

Sport package, heated seats, & sunroof!

In-dash CD changer or IPOD as standard. They can always improve the mpg.

My BMW
By rose

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have not had my car very long but the few days I have had it I will say I LOVE IT. I have owned many cars in my life and this one is by far is one of my favorites. I love driving this car. I get 26.5 miles per gal but that is better than my other car. I do wish that it was more like 35 per gal but that is the only down side. No biggie, still great fuel economy by far.

Style.