Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Blast to drive but tons of problems
By ross

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive but I have had numerous problems. 45k headliner began sagging 47k both front door window cables had to be replaced 50k rear doors began leaking rainwater (vapor barrier) 70k hood mounted logo fell off 72k oil sending unit replaced 73k o2 sensor replaced.

fast and fun

better attention to problems listed above

Ultimate Driving Machine
By St. Marc

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked the fully loaded 2005 BMW 330ci silver metallic model with sport package, bluetooth, heated seat, IPod, etc...From brand new now at 80,000 miles has no issue other than oil change at 15,000 miles vs 3,000 miles. Got service 2 done at 65,000 miles everything thing is in perfect condition. The low profile tires do wwear out fast. This is my 3rd set of tires since '05. Again, these are performance tires rated. The leather seats are comfortable plus heated seats are a must when driving to a snow country. Love driving to the wine country and 3.0 and V6 power is no problem. At 24 mpg on average isn't too bad either.

Bluetooth, Ipod, heated seats, stereo system, and sport package.

Does not get any better then this
By only one.

2005 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this BMW 325xi with only 9000 miles on it, not even broke in. First snow and drove real nice. I live in Ohio so I need the awd. Wanted one for years and found this car and my lord with only 9000 miles on could not pass it up it is the light green color. Not many with that color. What a dream. That is all I can say. And the warnty runs till 12 23 2011. At no cost to me.

Heated seats. Hid lights rear seats fold down.

nothing

Our Florida Dream Car
By Frankie. & Sue

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having recently moved down to St. Petersburg, Florida from Collingswood, New Jersey, my wife and I decided to trade in our boring 2005 Camry XLE for a Certified Previously Owned 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible. It is our first Beemer/Bimmer and we love it! There is definitely a reason they call it the Ultimate Driving Machine. It is that incredible connection to the road. Hugging the road as if on a rail and its smooth strong power make a good driver into an excellent driver. This is why it is always #1 in all the car mags...try one and you will be spoiled. It is our Florida Dream Car!

Superb Handling and Power, Great Looks, Quiet Convertible, Great Sound System, Friendly & Responsive BMW Service.

Hard to improve upon perfection.

Ultimate driving machine!
By Matt

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is truly a spectacular car. I bought it as a second car to use as a commuter vehicle between New Orleans and Houston. The car gets great gas mileage while delivering spectacular performance at the same time. It handles well and just has a rock solid feel to everything. I used to have a Jaguar X-type and this car just runs circles around it... so far, very happy. I hope to have this car for many years to come.

Well tuned V6, high gas mileage, solid suspension, rain sensing wipers, sunroof.

I really don't have any complaints, but I guess cup holders and climate control for the back seats would be nice.