Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Meditation
By al

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I took the German delivery and picked up my 2005 325i in Munich at the factory. I drove it for two weeks through Europe - some at max speed. The car has now 58K miles, every single one has been a love affair. I had an Acura that started to shake when I went over 85 miles. When I maxed out my BMW in Europe, ca 135 miles, it felt like meditation. Perfectly calm, stead, and totally focused. Back in the US I feel I am just using the top of the iceberg but that is fun, too. I love the tight cornering and the knowledge that the car has untapped reserves. This is my third BMW and by far the most reliable. Zero repairs so far.

I bought the rock bottom version, and there are no features to brag about. I love the rock bottom safety and firmness with which it handles. The rain sensors are terrific! (I live in upstate NY where it seems to rain all the time.)

Small things: better cup holders, more glove space, more durable floor mats.

Luxury and Performance
By Aowilliams

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After having reached 50,000 miles, the car is still fantastic and has been thus far trouble free. It is highly stable at highway speeds (and beyond) and is sensational in corners. It's a great driving experience with nice luxury features that make it a joy to drive to the market or across country.

All wheel drive, luxury interior, performance, gas mileage.

Rear seat cupholders, rear climate, less noticeable rear window defrost lines.

GREAT CAR!
By kmill

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first luxury car and I want to drive BMWs for the rest of my life! This car is the best vehicle I've ever had, it handles well and hugs the road. The car is solid! It doesn't like stop and go traffic, it likes to take off on the highway (anything above 50 mph). I don't get great fuel mileage on the city streets, but the highway mileage is very good. I will keep it two years and then go for the 5 series. It's not that roomy inside especially if you have tall or large people in your family, but perfect for me as a second car. This is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Drives well - heat and air conditioning work well.

Could use a little more room inside and a compartment under the armrest.

Love at first drive
By masdriver

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a BMW for a long time and I finally got rid of my old car and bought a certified pre-owned 2005 330xi. I could not be happier. I was driving a Subaru and (as expected) the experience is completely different. The ride is smooth but I have complete control, the gas mileage is solid but it has plenty of power, and, despite the reviews, I am very pleased with the Harmon Kardon sound system. Now I just have to quit my job so I can spend all day driving!

Everything

Easier and more effective iPod integration. I am just going to go with an FM transmitter

Always the Ultimate Driving Machine
By Sean

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a BMW owner for many years and will only ever buy myself a BMW. My 2005 325i with the sport package is the best one to date. I had a 1990 325i and loved that car but this is a true joy to drive. I bought my 325i new and have had no issues with it, she has been very reliable and kept me happy on many road trip. The power and balance are perfect for a car like this, its fun but not so much to get you into trouble. I am very complimentary of my car and will be sad to see her go next year when I take delivery of the new V8 M3 Coupe!

Sport suspension. This car is one of the finest handling cars I have ever driven.

6th gear would have been nice for highway cruising but not so much that its a complaint.