Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Ultimate driving machine!
By Matt

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is truly a spectacular car. I bought it as a second car to use as a commuter vehicle between New Orleans and Houston. The car gets great gas mileage while delivering spectacular performance at the same time. It handles well and just has a rock solid feel to everything. I used to have a Jaguar X-type and this car just runs circles around it... so far, very happy. I hope to have this car for many years to come.

Well tuned V6, high gas mileage, solid suspension, rain sensing wipers, sunroof.

I really don't have any complaints, but I guess cup holders and climate control for the back seats would be nice.

I love this BMW
By H&H

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this BMW 330XI used with 14000 miles on it. I have been driving this car for one year, no problem appeared. The car is very fun to drive, I feel very safe driving this car, it is heavy and it grabs the road very well unlike the Toyota which I traded in, we love it very much. My son and I had a lot of fun driving it from Canton OH back to Buffalo NY that day. This car is very responsive, very reliable. The dealership is very friendly in my city. I will recommend this car to all my friends. My next car will be another BMW. However, I don't like the style in new model of 3 and 5 series, the rear looks ugly.

Safety, responsiveness, fun to drive, quality.

Sound system, use Bose sound system wound be better. Fuel efficiency.

Fun car. Nice well-rounded vehicle
By Nathan

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Could use a little more power, but handling is excellent and corners like it's own rails. Very smooth and gets decent gas mileage (25 mpg combined @ 70% highway). Fun to drive on rolling hills and winding roads. Not great in snow, but not terrible either (if you know what you're doing). Cup holders aren't that bad. No major problems, but an occasional slight whistle from driver window (I think) and, separately, from climate system. BMW couldn't identify the former and the latter started after warranty expired. Neither occurs often, but a bit annoying when they do. It was in a accident before I bought it though,so all things considered, I'm satisfied. Not perfect, but well-rounded and fun.

Smoothness, handling, looks, climate control, 1-touch windows, audio controls an steering wheel.

More power and better fuel economy, of course.

Never anything but BMW!!!!!!!
By CDAUSMC

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this machine (cannot call a BMW a car). I purchased a pre-owned BMW for value and price. I use the 325xi for daily driving and I enjoy the rides to work and elsewhere. It has speed when I want it and it is great to cruise in. Absolutely beautiful design interior and exterior, leather seating and sharp looking instruments. Engine sounds incredible and the AWD corners like it is on rails. Are there faster cars, yes, but not as sleek and stylish as this BMW. AWD is great for severe rain and snow 15000 m oil changes and routine maintenance are not issues. Machine runs beautifully and feels strong, sound and safe. Do not mind buying premium gas. BLUF: Machine is amazing.

Driving/speed, control, sound of the engine, safety features, overall look of the vehicle.

Factory window tint would be nice.

True drivers car
By euroman71

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Not sure if I'd ever be able to switch to any other brand. For the past 10 years wanted a 3-series and finally got a used one with 22K miles that just came off lease. What a car. For sure, an 'ultimate driving machine'. Styling, handling, precision, power, fit and finish, and fuel economy, all outstanding. It's tough to stay under the speed limit, the car just wants to go. Only one comment is that since this is a rear wheel drive car, handling in the snow is not great. Next time, I'll have to go for an all wheel drive.

Styling, seat comfort, interior layout and fit and finish, visibility, fuel economy, precision, refinement

None