Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Maybe a Lemon
By Dia

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 325i from a friend who had purchased it at auction a year earlier. I travel 50 miles one way to work daily, so the miles have been piling up. The car had 35K miles when I bought it. It now has 94K miles. Have spent close to $3,000 so far, including driving side window controller replacement, thermostat replacement, bush kit replacement, and new set of tires. Seems every time I get one thing fixed, something else shows up. Now, gotta have brake job and replace two worn hoses. Also, had accident (no fault), and now fighting with insurance co. because repairs not up to par. But still love to drive it! And at 94K miles, I guess the repairs are expected.

Handling, external body - very sexy car!

Only one cup holder. Only one lighter making it hard to charge more than one item at a time.

Best car ever!
By Draw214

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded in my 2007 Chrysler 300 for a 2005 BMW 330CI Convertible. I know some of you may be thinking, "why would you trade a 2007 for a 2005?". In my case, I wanted something that was both Sportier and more Luxurious than the base model 300. This car "fits the bill" and more than I could have ever expected. I have owned SEVERAL Sports Cars and Luxury Cars, and this car is BY FAR the best of both worlds. It had relatively low mileage (60K) for a 2005, and is a Certified Pre Owned, with the 100K warranty and maintenance package intact. You cannot get a better, more rounded car for the money ($20K) spent, in my honest opinion. I was never a BMW fan, UNTIL NOW!

Beautiful interior and exterior. Awesome design and engineering both mechanically and aesthetically. Convertible is a MUST! Even after 6 years old, this car looks, runs and handles like no new car I have ever owned/driven. The 100K warranty and maintenance package covers EVERYTHING besides tires.

Small back seat, even for my kids who are 5 and 7 years old. But this car is for ME, the kids can ride in the Expedition :oD The convertible top makes noises, and the leather on the seat bolsters gets worn easily, but are both covered by warranty and will be repaired/replaced. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Boringly perfect
By rholbrook

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this 05 325i sedan certified pre owned with 45k. Honestly I think they built the mid 90's 3 series more germanesque and robust, but still an awesome car. I would lose the wood colored trim on the interior, bad call. This car is boringly perfect. It drives so nice you just don't have to do any work, you are one with the road. Stays rock solid and smooth at high speeds, takes the turns effortlessly leaving everyone behind.

Interior instrument cluster keeps the classic BMW style. After the 05 they made some bad changes, ugly as sin with an interior like some junk American Cadillac.

Better stereo, stock system is a joke. IPOD integration shouldn't be an aftermarket option.

Fun
By anieddu

2005 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive. It is truly a "handling" car. It is a bit underpowered at times, but the precision steering through the turns makes up for it. The reliability is a bit questionable. I've never had a serious problem with it, but little nagging things at times. All covered under warranty but still annoying. Would definitely buy another one. They are that much fun and they look classy even in an older body style.

Handling, handling, handling. Looks

More horsepower, but that could be had with the 330ci.

THIS CAR IS MY SOUL!!!!!!!
By WILLIAMS38

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I Have loved this car since day one since I bought it. The girls love it, my family love it, everybody loves it. I bought it salvage for $10,000 and so far so good. I get about 250 miles full tank. my car is v6 2.5 automatic with xenon lights.

the stereo sounds clean and loud.I like the xenon lights.

The doors do not open completely wide out and they can come back and hit your shin or knee really fast.