Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Car
By Chris

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Simply put, this car is superb. It is a true driver's car as the connection to the road is unmatched and the handling/performance is on point. Purchased used; previous owner did not take proper care of the vehicle so I spent about $1000 to get the car in top shape; his loss, my gain as I got a great deal on the car to begin with. For those complaining about the firm ride, buy a Lexus, you will be much happier; this is not your car. For those complaining about the performance of the 325, it's a 325, what did you expect? Finally, for those complaining about the price and cost to maintain, its a BMW; if you can't appreciate the unparalleled driving experience, go buy an Acura or Infiniti.

ZHP is a must for those who cannot get their hands on an M. This package adds parts, body pieces, and interior upgrades that really allow this car to stand out from other 3's. Premium sound is a must.

Higher quality headliner (falling down in rear, easy fix but annoying), higher quality coating on rims (peeling, common problem). Basically, take care of this car and it will take care of you. Preventative maintenance is a must; BMW "free" maintenance is inadequate.

I become more impressed each passing day
By Gene

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In order to validate BMW's trademark cliche, The Ultimate Driving Machine, you need to sit yourself behind the wheel. The BMW brand is a timeless vehicle that always seem to stay in style much longer than its competitors. I am impressed how easy the 3 series is to drive. The vehicle is so balanced and follows your commands so effortlessly. I have heard some negative remarks about the 3 series. Preventive maintenance is necessary for a vehicle that offers so much. If you do not take care of it than you can't expect excellent reliability. Take care of it and it will not let you down.

One touch windows for all four corners and sunroof. Express window feature that allows you to open up all windows from the remote. Excellent interior lighting with classy dimming features. Headlight cleaners may be unnecessary but it's a unique feature not seen on my vehicles.

Include Bluetooth as a standard feature. 6 disc changer should be accessible from cabin rather than trunk. Auto start is not even offered as an option.

Not Again
By Not Again

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1998 honda accord coupe for a bmw 2005 325I. i am so disappointed, my car keeps shutting off while driving. I am amazed no one has slammed in to the back of me. Everyone tells me that the car won't start cause it sounds like it's starving for fuel, although there is plenty. I have had the fuel filters changed last year, again yesterday my car shut off while driving and had to be towed to my mechanic. I am becoming very concerned because i could be driving on the highway and all of a sudden it shuts off.

Note, make the car like its design for women also. If you are a women and have fingernails you cannot pull the cigarette lighter out, we also need more storage in the car, like a hutch between the seats.

Maybe a Lemon
By Dia

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 325i from a friend who had purchased it at auction a year earlier. I travel 50 miles one way to work daily, so the miles have been piling up. The car had 35K miles when I bought it. It now has 94K miles. Have spent close to $3,000 so far, including driving side window controller replacement, thermostat replacement, bush kit replacement, and new set of tires. Seems every time I get one thing fixed, something else shows up. Now, gotta have brake job and replace two worn hoses. Also, had accident (no fault), and now fighting with insurance co. because repairs not up to par. But still love to drive it! And at 94K miles, I guess the repairs are expected.

Handling, external body - very sexy car!

Only one cup holder. Only one lighter making it hard to charge more than one item at a time.

Boringly perfect
By rholbrook

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this 05 325i sedan certified pre owned with 45k. Honestly I think they built the mid 90's 3 series more germanesque and robust, but still an awesome car. I would lose the wood colored trim on the interior, bad call. This car is boringly perfect. It drives so nice you just don't have to do any work, you are one with the road. Stays rock solid and smooth at high speeds, takes the turns effortlessly leaving everyone behind.

Interior instrument cluster keeps the classic BMW style. After the 05 they made some bad changes, ugly as sin with an interior like some junk American Cadillac.

Better stereo, stock system is a joke. IPOD integration shouldn't be an aftermarket option.