Used 2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Not a problem 60k to Now 98k
By npalafax

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car when I got tired of my Mazda6, I dont know why the other reviewers seemed to have such bad problems. I have only had to do normal maintenance ie brakes ect. The only thing I did have to replace was the front control arm bushings which is normal on these cars and can be done cheaply if you do it yourself vs go to a stealership. The car handles great and made me a lifer with BMW always puts a smile on my face and is extremely fun to drive. I will drive it till I cant drive it any more. My next car will with out a doubt be a BMW, it may be an older gen but still looks great and the people who have driven it ended up selling their cars for a BMW. Once your hooked your hooked!!!!!

Navigation, Love the Leatherette feels great very durable and didnt take an animal to make it. Handling, Power, Reliability if you take care of it.

Everything is an option, so make a list of what you want and shop around for the right fit. If buying used make sure you have service records! And get it inspected. I have nav, moon roof auto wipers and lights, but wish I had heated seats and Xenon lights. So do shop around for options in these cars!

smell funny, BUT ITS NOT
By heatherenea93

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have 2005 325i i got it for my birthday this past year of june 2010. So anyways when we got it like 2 months after we got it the air went out. Well the guy at the dealership something happened and Someone else bought it out or something idk. But when that happened we lost our warrently. well we thought heck its a bmw what could possibly go wrong. Well like 2 months later air went out got it Fixed $1,200. Today Got home and it started smelling on the inside. Looked smoke under the hood oh no. WRONG Open the hood no smoke The rain was falling behind the motor and sizzling. But the smell was only coming from inside. The raining hitting the hood made made it steamy.. Please HELP?

I love the speed. altought i do not race people or stomp it. It's my baby i try my hardest to take care of it. Also I love the handlen. I love everything about this car, looks, feel, etc. BUT the trouble im having I hate. I think they may have tried something new on those year models

Improvements- The inside interor by the from window, back window, and seat belts. everyone i know with that year model and earlier all have the same stuff as it. its just falling of or coming undone. Its way to thin. Everyonee i know has ripped there's off where its done came apart. But it looks trashy unless u have tented windows and ur car is black with the darker color.

Not Again
By Not Again

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1998 honda accord coupe for a bmw 2005 325I. i am so disappointed, my car keeps shutting off while driving. I am amazed no one has slammed in to the back of me. Everyone tells me that the car won't start cause it sounds like it's starving for fuel, although there is plenty. I have had the fuel filters changed last year, again yesterday my car shut off while driving and had to be towed to my mechanic. I am becoming very concerned because i could be driving on the highway and all of a sudden it shuts off.

Note, make the car like its design for women also. If you are a women and have fingernails you cannot pull the cigarette lighter out, we also need more storage in the car, like a hutch between the seats.

Maybe a Lemon
By Dia

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 325i from a friend who had purchased it at auction a year earlier. I travel 50 miles one way to work daily, so the miles have been piling up. The car had 35K miles when I bought it. It now has 94K miles. Have spent close to $3,000 so far, including driving side window controller replacement, thermostat replacement, bush kit replacement, and new set of tires. Seems every time I get one thing fixed, something else shows up. Now, gotta have brake job and replace two worn hoses. Also, had accident (no fault), and now fighting with insurance co. because repairs not up to par. But still love to drive it! And at 94K miles, I guess the repairs are expected.

Handling, external body - very sexy car!

Only one cup holder. Only one lighter making it hard to charge more than one item at a time.

Boringly perfect
By rholbrook

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this 05 325i sedan certified pre owned with 45k. Honestly I think they built the mid 90's 3 series more germanesque and robust, but still an awesome car. I would lose the wood colored trim on the interior, bad call. This car is boringly perfect. It drives so nice you just don't have to do any work, you are one with the road. Stays rock solid and smooth at high speeds, takes the turns effortlessly leaving everyone behind.

Interior instrument cluster keeps the classic BMW style. After the 05 they made some bad changes, ugly as sin with an interior like some junk American Cadillac.

Better stereo, stock system is a joke. IPOD integration shouldn't be an aftermarket option.