Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Truly "The Ultimate Driving Machine"
By Amir

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330ci convertible with the performance package option and I have no regrets. I love everything about the car, from the growl of the engine to the way it grips the road. I can honestly say that driving this car is such an experience that it will even cheer you up when your having a bad day (or so my friends who drive it say). It is a well engineered and designed automobile. Great job BMW!

Performance package. Reliability and craftsmanship. The driving experience. Harmon Kardon sound system.

Back seat is a bit uncomfortable, but then again so is every back seat convertible.

Unbeatable package!
By BimmerNuts

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

You will not find a similar package of handling, power, space, luxury and economy. Yes, it's not a drag racer, not a 48" TV hauler, not a Cadillac, not an ultra luxurious butt massage machine and not a 50mpg machine - BUT it's an extremely well executed compromise of all of the above that no other car I've driven or owned car copy. Read reviews of all competitors and you will find that they all compare with BMW 3-series - it's not a coincidence.

Driving experience and handling, Sport package, H/K stereo, chassis stiffness, stering feel, looks, that smooth and powerful (for a 2.5L) I6 engine.

Wish I could get it with the 3.0L engine, but not sold in the US :(

Excellent
By chris870

2005 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car - handles better than my Audi S4, great in the snow thru 2 winters, and excellent build quality. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Handling, of course! Also love the Sirius satellite radio, and the solid 'thunk' when you close the door.

Seating surfaces... leatherette??

BMW 330CIC
By Robert

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Good looking. Handles excellent and has plenty of horsepower.

Steptronic transmission

Make the interior options more user friendly.

A REAL car that suits me perfectly
By Carlman

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned several cars over the past 10 years. All were new compacts. I wanted something that could take passengers to lunch for business but was fun to drive, reasonable gas mileage, and was quiet and comfortable for long trips. I got it all in spades with the 325i I bought. I bought a base model which had more features than I wanted. Finding a manual tranny on a 325i is tough. I replaced the wood trim with aluminum and it looks fantastic. I love the sound of the engine, the handling, the intuitive nature of the controls, and everything about this car. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Interior layout. Engine growl. Quiet cruising. Responsiveness (engine and handling). Comfort of myself and passengers. Thousands of 'little things' they thought of to help keep your focus on driving. Solid engineering. Gas mileage, I get 27mpg on average, 25 city and 32 hwy.

None, it's really perfect to me.