Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great car - but probably overhyped.
By BR

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car and deservedly a benchmark for the class, but don't blindly drink the BMW kool-aid. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase after a little over a year. There are faster, plusher, and overtly sportier cars, but really very few that do everything as well as the 330 does. As long as it stays reliable, I'll be a happy owner. Keep your expectations in check though as in 80% of everyday driving, many of the qualities of a 330 are pretty subtle improvements over the competition and even down-market vehicles. The superior handling, performance, ride often are most noticed by their absence when you're driving a different car...

Exterior styling - to my eye much better executed than the newer e90 models. Simplicity - no overwrought techno-glitz to muck up the driving experience. Handling - sharp without a harsh ride in the daily commute. Highway fuel economy - just shy of 30 under a modest right foot.

The auto (in any mode) isn't slow - but it's just not very fast. City fuel economy - 16-19 depending on how aggressively driven. Back seat - quite snug. This is most definitely a compact car. Trunk - see above. Avoid the fold-down rear seat - it creaks and rattles.

BMW 325xi Sedan
By alaskanamber

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 325xi sedan in 2007 and have had a great experience with it so far. The car handles like a dream and hugs the road. It also has good fuel economy despite the fact that premium fuel is mandatory.

Road handling/manuevarability, size, styling, reliability, quality

Suspension is a bit tight and could be improved to allow for an even more comfortable ride.

BMW 330i SPEED :-)
By patrick

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 1 year now and love it. It has the zhp package which makes it like a 4 door m3. Its very fast. I recently learned of a race mode for it. Put it in sport mode then the button (DSC) push and hold for 4 seconds a dsc light comes on allong with a orange light that says brake. When you get it in this put your foot on the floor from a stop and feel the POWER.

nav system

Great car, however...
By BMW Driver

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Too many issues. I love my car, however I am taking it in for service at least once a month. The moldings around doors, windows, and fan motor break on a regular basis.

Everything about the car is great! Fun to drive.

Door trim moldings, power window tracks, and ac fan.

Great car, wish it had better mpg
By Gregular

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325i for 4 months now and so far I love the car. The only thing I am disappointed with so far is the fuel economy. I drive about 40 miles a day. Of that about 60% is highway and I get a average of 21-23 MPG. I tried changing driving habit and maintaining tire pressure and all I get is 24 mpg tops.

Fun to drive factor. Headlights and wipers are automated and the moonroof is a plus. It's a fun sporty sedan.

If I knew the gas mileage of this car I would have gone with the 330i.