Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 461 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Overall, "The Ultimate Driving Exp."
By FireMedic

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased our '04 325i in Oct. 2008. It was a blast to drive until we sold it today. Alpine white/Montana sand leather color combo was perfect and received tons of compliments! In the 21k miles we drove it, the water pump, lower air intake boot, mirror motor, oil separator and secondary air valve all had to be replaced due to failure. Replaced due to "wear and tear" were f & r brakes, belts, window regulators, etc. Other than a few small repairs, we loved this car and honestly hated to see it go. Pick up a certified pre-owned for the best results, and if possible, one with the extended maintenance plan as these are both fully transferable! Rotate your tires every 3k!

Handling/braking, Xenon headlights, Sport Pkg. seats (amazing bolster/thigh supports)

Engineering of parts...confusing climate/cruise controls.

A driver's dream
By killerisme

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased new, my ZHP as shown in many example pics for 04 330i sedan (dark gray) was a great intro to the UDM experience. Razor sharp and excellent power and handling, with great ride and economy to boot. Only one mechanical issue due to fuel quality. Good room for what is really a small car. Always looked forward to driving it.

All the M features of the ZHP package really sharpened and added to the driving experience. Almost perfect for a sporty daily driver. Only rarely did I wish for more power from the engine, which was free-revving and buttery smooth. Short throw shifter was also appreciated.

Interior features kind of slim for the price, and maintenance costs are high (OEM tires ran $1000 and I was probably in 90th percentile getting 40k miles out of them) once you have to start paying for them.

Silver bullet
By Anicca

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the 330ci for four problem free years. I love the car - it's got everything; great performance, great looks, great economy and great reliability. Who could ask for anything more? I've been a BMW driver for 30 years, and this is the best (tho' I still wouldn't give up my 93 318is). For anyone considering buying a used bimmer, I'd give the 330ci a strong recommendation, without reservations

Handling.

I can't figure out how the change the outside temperature readout from centigrade to fahrenheit.

Love this car
By ggard86

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for one year and a half and still smile every time I get into it. I've taken it on two long road trips 1000+ miles and avg 32 miles on the highway; at home I get about 23. I've had no problems with it and love the once a year oil change. It's a comfortable car and is fast off the line. The exterior and interior style is something BMW should never have left, and in my eyes it has classic lines and a refined German style. The fold down seats and ski bag make a small car easier to swallow. Simply put I love this car and don't mind the car payment.

Overall style and feel, as well as the abundance of features. I never knew how much automatic wipers would change my life. Love the heated windshield fluid and headlight cleaners in the winter. There are so many little things in a BMW others just don't match; for example the flashlight built in.

My dislikes have been fixed in newer models they are: sound system is a little weak, it lacks an aux input, window trim comes unglued. In the winter the frame-less doors tend to be difficult to close. That's it.

best car I've ever owned
By david fulginiti

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

bought my 330i new, has performance pak,most options. never has let me down. drove it thru a flood, snow, ice and 90 plus temps,always make me smile and gets me home. I also own a 2008 M3 and I enjoy this car(330i) more as a daily drive.

seats

would love limited slip differential