Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Worth the wait!
By dhump33

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the way the car looks (Mystic Blue with gray interior) with sports package. I feel safe in the car because it is so solidly made. It's so much fun to drive and to be seen in! I had an epiphany when washing my bimmer for the first time by hand. It reminded me of my first Hot Wheels toy car, a BMW, orange and a 300 series from the 70's. AS I was washing my car I felt like I was washing my toy car.

Handling, looks, sound system, comfort.

As an improvement, I would add better placed cup holders and make better trim linings around windshield and doors.

I can't walk away
By L. Robb

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have asked my car guy to get me an SUV, a convertible, and on and on, but I cannot leave my 330I with SMG and M package. The car history revealed it was not a dealer car but sent over as a test vehicle then landed in an auction. I am told it is lower and more tuned than other models. I love driving it. The original tires were Michelin Pilot Sport summer which burned off at 25,000 miles. I replaced with Pilot All-Season and rears are wearing considerably faster than fronts. Just had the full 50,000 inspection and C check, the first off warranty. The full day check, new belts, fluids, an electrical glitch in a tail light and rear brakes, pads and rotors, came to $1900.

Handling, handling, handling, will outperform any tire I can afford. The interior is snug compared to the new models wrapping around the driver as opposed to sitting in the car.

This car is really bad in the snow. I park my in the garage and walk or drive the wife's Yaris. Friends have suggested 300lbs of sand bags in the trunk.

lovin this car
By ricks corgis

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car cert used. Best car I've owned. I'm ready for a newer one. With snow tires it goes thru anything, good on gas. Looks handles great, very reliable

Pick up, handling.

Better cup holders, black brake dust.

Germans make better cars...
By Dustin W.

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2004 330i w/ performance package. These cars are truly amazing. Unsurpassed performance, elegant styling, reliable, & fun to drive. I drove many models before purchasing mine, I highly recommend the performance package. The power difference is huge, and the styling and standard equipment are worth the extra. I also recommend the manual 6 speed, makes driving and handling much more fun. BMW puts an amazing amount of feel and predictability in the drivers hands. No corners cut in the design and test phase, this car can run around town to get groceries or hold its own on the race track.

HID lights, 18 inch wheels, amazing performance and handling, amazing braking. The car is very practical and drivable around town and gets great gas mileage when I keep my foot out of the throttle, plus it runs 0-60 in 5.8 if I want to run harder. Best of both worlds.

Rear tires are wider than the fronts so they can't be rotated or interchanged. Only complaint I have that may be cured by different brake pads is the large amount of brake dust that builds on the front wheels. Maintenance cost are high when free service plan expires.

Great combo of Fun/Practical
By Ernie

2004 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used w/ 18K miles almost 2 years ago. My driving is both suburban and highway, mostly conservative but I like to open it up once in a while. I drive about 20k per year. As title says, this car is a great combo of features when you have to use it to bring a kid to soccer practice, etc and like to "play" a bit. Not as comfortable on a long trip as our Volvo but it's livable. We have extended service plan up to 100k and it is worth it as with almost all Euro cars everything is very expensive and BMW takes full advantage.

Solid construction, we get the feeling that this car for its small size can take a hit. Entering a 90 degree off-ramp and maintaining 70 mph.

Tires, tires, tires. Standard low profile tires damage easily (I've "lost" three in 40k miles) also they wear out at less than 30k miles and are also worthless in the snow even w/ 4wd, so plan on "special" snow tires if you live in a winter environment and depend on the car to commute.