Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 461 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

04 330i with Performance Pkg
By czego82

2004 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW that I owned and the best one by far. What makes this car different from others is the ZHP package or Hight Performance Pkg which give it different look and options. O owned it for over 4yrs and never had any major problems. I purchased it with 44k and now has around 80. Maintenance on it cost me around $1k per year including oil changes and Michelin high performance tires. Car came with HID headlights, leather, navi and all available options.

Performance suspension, 155mph top speed, 6spd trany, comfort, reliability

NON - best e46 3-series made

I'm trying and I can't find a flaw
By cheapdeep

2004 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I"m one of those guys.
You know, the type that's incredibly picky about his cars and finds a few things that could be done better in every car he's owned.
I've had a lot of great cars over the years but this is the BEST.
I really can't think of anything I would change.
It drives great, is incredibly comfortable, looks amazing, has great options and features, plenty of power, incredible handling and it's just flat out FUN.

This is the first review i've ever given that hasn't been hyper critical.

Everything! I thought about getting a 650CI instead but preferred the handling and interior of this one better.

Average about 20 mgg's in the city. Could be better. Maybe a hair more reliable.

Don't buy this car
By felipea1

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this is the worst vehicle EVER!! I keep fixing parts all the time, if I can summarize all the problems with BMW 325i I will need more space. Please stay away from BMW you will thank me later. Great engine but that's it; the quality of the cockpit is horrible, the engineers who design the cheap parts in the interior and exterior should be ashamed.

engine

2004 bmw 325i
By andrew

2004 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had the car about a year, and my wife hit a deer with it. The deer struck her on the driver side window, and its horn left a mark all the way up the window that I cant even buff out. However I feel that any other window would have busted and my wife would have had a deer in her lap.

Fun to drive...

It's only a car till you drive it
By MikeInNNJ

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Got it with 63k (74k now) and it's been excellent. The handling, quality, drivability is impressive. There really is a difference from other cars. Very solid feeling. Very roomy as I'm 6'-2", excellent legroom, good headroom. Not the most powerful but has it's moments (generally adequate unless you race). 24-25 mpg highway in the 80s.

Firm seats (good for back), best steering & brakes I've experienced. Reliable so far. Good stereo, reasonably quiet, good solidity, effective A/C. Firm ride but not rattle for teeth rough.

more power, some interior trim pieces are cheap, windows click (will need regulators soon), sunroof screen is flimsy. I don't drive it in slippery conditions so I can't comment on snow driving. HID lighting would be nice (mine doesn't have it). More expensive to maintain than a typical car.