Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

This car has been great
By bobisi

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2011 with 80k miles on it. It has 115k on it now in 2017. I've had very few problems, nothing major; water pump and alternator. The sun roof had to be replaced and is still not perfect but it doesn't leak! The car drives great; power, handling, comfort and reliability are all impressive. I am totally sold on BMW's now, this was my first and at this point there is no going back to anything less.

BMW first timer
By JB

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2003 325CI coupe w/ 5-sp manual. Pure delight to drive. Manual shifter absolutely glides through each gear, never resisting, never sloppy, just smooth as silk. Power is best termed as graceful. Around town, passing, or normal acceleration just FEELS authoritative, confident and agile quick. Interstate driving is where you especially feel like you own the road. Passing cars and filling holes in traffic so effortlessly. When I test drove this car, I had to run the car out through the gears to get an idea of it's power. Quite frankly, my first impression wasn't that high due to it's lack of high-rev power. The 2.5 is never going to be a screamer. But who actually drives a car full-out anyway?

Graceful, confident power and handling. Makes you want to go anywhere just for the pleasure of driving. One of the all-time great looking models - a classic. Love the rear windows power pop-out design. 5-sp manual smoothness. Beautiful paint finish. 25 MPG around town, really, I was shocked!

Everyone's already suggested changing the armrest/console/cup holder design. HK audio system might be ok for those who aren't familiar with excellence in car audio, but nothing special to me. Check out BSW audio on-line for a big improvement w/o big cash outlay.

2003 BMW 330Ci
By Tom Waite

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2003 330Ci since new. Used the BMW Euro Delivery program. Car has been very reliable. Issues? Sunroof, ignition coils replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing, but I am a fairly conservative driver, and don't drive it hard other than the 600 miles on the autobahn at 90-120 mph when car was new. I routinely obtain 27-30 mpg (5 speed manual, 80% freeway driving with a light foot). Great car and I likely will buy another soon.

Handling, safety, comfort.

Seats could have a little more thigh support. I'm long legged. Not a big cabin, but I think the car is the ideal size.

BEST Car I've EVER Owned!
By Brent

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd one I've owned, and 2 other family members as well. None of us have had a minutes trouble with them. Owned Japanese during 80's/90's, until my 1st 330Ci. Gas mileage is amazing for such a powerful car. I average 35+ by keeping it at steady speed, but it has more than enough power when needed (couldn't tell the difference in it & my sisters M3). Hugs road like a dream. I should have flipped several times, once in rain, once avoiding a deer on curve, and it proved its safety engineering. One collision left me with MINIMAL damage compared to the other guy. I will forever have my children and parents in this car. Service is impeccable...take care of it and it will take care of you.

Lifetime of engine 85,000-120,000 and still going! Comfort...9 hrs non-stop on road at time, don't even feel tired. Great Gas mileage!! Easy to maintain. Road handling feels very safe(idk heavy weight or just good engineering). SAFE CAR!! Awesome sound system. Great re-sale if I could ever part from it.

Nothing as far as reliability, mechanics, longevity of the car. Big, red, alarm bulb on rear-view mirror is a little much (but they've never been stolen). Better place to rest cell phone and connections than cup holders. Front end designed better under bumper so not to drag parking curbs/deep driveways.

Love my 330Ci
By Dennis Soapes

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car now over 5 years and still very fun to drive. Reliability has been spotty. Warranty: sunroof, ignition coils, left window regulator. I've paid to have the passenger side electronic door lock replaced ($700) and the CD player. It started skipping. Factory replacement would have been over $700. I put in a Pioneer Premium with Sirius, HD radio, iPod and MP3 player for about $1000. But the car is great and I love it. The lumbar adjustment has stopped working; I'll live with it.

Handling, performance, design