Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 443 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love the cars body, hate under the hood
By amfahrni

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car used but still with warranty and certified preowned. Had to use the warranty several times to replace many things. Had some problems with the brakes, o2 sensors, lights. Never got the lights resolved. Every time I took it in they said it was fixed but it still reads that I have lights out. Since my warranty expired I have had it brake down on me twice in one month and had to have a huge list of things fixed with a price tag of $2,000 from my friends shop. Which means at any other shop I would never have been able to fix it. Currently it is leaking oil and decides to act up while driving almost daily. The beauty of this cars style is not worth the problems under the hood!

the body style is lovelt, as well as the interior.

My rear lights had wires melt, which as I've read is a common thing. this should be fixed, the parts are needing an upgrade.My after market parts have outlasted all of my factory parts. that's terrible business in my opinion

I still know what their missing!!!
By Iowa Architect

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Follow up to a 2008 review. I still like driving this car and the looks are great. However, I am starting to have to put $$$ into this car for repairs. BMW ripped me off by denying to pay for a broken sunroof diagnosed at the dealership 2 days before the warranty ran out. It'll take!!$1800!! to repair it. The front end suspension has cost me $700 in the last 6 months and I need to put another $750 into a new driver side ball joint and related parts. Best advice for this car is to buy an extended warranty to at least 100,000 miles. Still love to drive it. Ran at 110+ mph in Wyoming this summer for over 25 miles. WOW!! What their missing is expensive repair bills, but it is still a fun ride!!

Handling, ride, dashboard layout and orange lights. Did I mention the looks?

Your recalls should cover the sunroof because the mechanism is cheap and I know of a fair number of other similar/'nearby' year owners who have had to repair the sunroof!

330ci
By Bob

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

Convertible top soft front seats and. Seat heaters, handeling.

Build quality cars please, i don't complain about the comfort after all i did get the coupe convertible i can't expect comfort in that.

I had wanted a BMW since I was 16
By Alesha

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. I bought my BMW in March of 2009, almost a year ago, and I still love driving it. The only problem that I've had with it was the rear passenger window fell. Luckily it was an easy fix. Now that I've had a BMW, I really can't imagine ever owning anything else. I love it!

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!
By VB

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I’ve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesn’t stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

It is very reliable and doesn’t cost much to maintain if you don’t go to the dealership.

My front sport seats have bolsters too far apart. It would’ve been nice to have an option to inflate the bolsters (like in M3).The rear seats are not that comfortable. The bottom part of the seat is on the very steep incline. It looks great and is functional, but not comfortable. All very minor.