Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Will never have anything but a BMW!
By Nathan

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

What more can I say about this fantastic car than it REALLY is the "Ultimate Driving Machine!" Everyone raves about how great the driving experience is, and until you've piloted one, you cannot possibly understand. There is no car for the money that does a better job totally immersing the driver into the drive. The car communicates everything to you through the controls and it constantly amazes me when I point it in a direction and it just goes there without complaining. Sure there are little hiccups here and there. Things are bound to break on a car that's been driven 137,000 miles in just over 7 years. I have never been stranded by my baby. And I always enjoy taking her out for a drive. A++

Smooth inline-6 (best in the business), Rain-sensing wipers, Sport seats (would be FANTASTIC with the lumbar option), Great looks inside and out (two tone brown leather with black), Powerful brakes (even though they're the weakest that BMW offers), Handling (Sublime)

Fuel economy in town could be better (hard to keep your foot out of it), STD XENONS (should be std on ANY Lux Car), New interior plastic finish (it gets scratched off and looks awful), Better automatic (been addressed in newer models. Shifts too smooth for my taste.)

Love the cars body, hate under the hood
By amfahrni

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car used but still with warranty and certified preowned. Had to use the warranty several times to replace many things. Had some problems with the brakes, o2 sensors, lights. Never got the lights resolved. Every time I took it in they said it was fixed but it still reads that I have lights out. Since my warranty expired I have had it brake down on me twice in one month and had to have a huge list of things fixed with a price tag of $2,000 from my friends shop. Which means at any other shop I would never have been able to fix it. Currently it is leaking oil and decides to act up while driving almost daily. The beauty of this cars style is not worth the problems under the hood!

the body style is lovelt, as well as the interior.

My rear lights had wires melt, which as I've read is a common thing. this should be fixed, the parts are needing an upgrade.My after market parts have outlasted all of my factory parts. that's terrible business in my opinion

I still know what their missing!!!
By Iowa Architect

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Follow up to a 2008 review. I still like driving this car and the looks are great. However, I am starting to have to put $$$ into this car for repairs. BMW ripped me off by denying to pay for a broken sunroof diagnosed at the dealership 2 days before the warranty ran out. It'll take!!$1800!! to repair it. The front end suspension has cost me $700 in the last 6 months and I need to put another $750 into a new driver side ball joint and related parts. Best advice for this car is to buy an extended warranty to at least 100,000 miles. Still love to drive it. Ran at 110+ mph in Wyoming this summer for over 25 miles. WOW!! What their missing is expensive repair bills, but it is still a fun ride!!

Handling, ride, dashboard layout and orange lights. Did I mention the looks?

Your recalls should cover the sunroof because the mechanism is cheap and I know of a fair number of other similar/'nearby' year owners who have had to repair the sunroof!

I had wanted a BMW since I was 16
By Alesha

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. I bought my BMW in March of 2009, almost a year ago, and I still love driving it. The only problem that I've had with it was the rear passenger window fell. Luckily it was an easy fix. Now that I've had a BMW, I really can't imagine ever owning anything else. I love it!

Great Buy
By joshcaul

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, comfortable and great fuel consumption. I think BMW hit the mark with the 325, my issues are really quite minor. I like the dependability, power, handling and overall style of the car. My soft points are minor, however in a car of this class, these issues should have been addressed prior to production. Cup holder location. I know this sounds petty, however drive it around for a few weeks and you will agree. In order to utilize both cup holders you have to sacrifice your arm rest. Brake dust! I am yet to see a car with this much brake dust. If you are like me and enjoy your car shiny, good luck! Otherwise I love the car and am very happy with the purchase!

Heated seats, power and handling.

Cup holders, Brake dust, a little more room inside the cabin.