Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

The Greatest Car I've owned
By Pedro

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I can rely on it, I can take it to its max, I can be a family man but I can also be a sports car driver.

The looks, the body style and the quietness of the engine when needed.

Add a GPS system standard in all BMWs. Just something else to play with.

Red rocket
By Robert

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased our car from the factory and had the opportunity to legally drive it at Autobahn speeds. At 120 mph, this car is stable and quiet. Since we've been back in the States, we don't drive that fast, but this car is comfortable- even when in tight turns at speed - and even with the "small" engine has the power to comfortably pass at highway speeds. The fit and finish are just great. The transmission shifts smoothly and the car drives well in all types of weather and road conditions. This is a great car.

Comfortable passenger seating, roomy, enough rear seating. Great engine and transmission.

Nav system could be better.

Great Value as Used Car
By GV3

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

For the last 20 years, I've bought used (2-3 yr old) luxury cars with great success. My "new" '03 BMW continues that string. This particular car is a one-owner lease turn-in, BMW certified, fully loaded, 39,000 miles. For $23 thou, it's a great value: fun to drive, looks better than the new 3-series, somebody else has worked out all the kinks, and I got the 100m BMW certified warranty. Life is too short to drive a car with no soul! This car just brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it.

Driving experience, comfort & ergonomics, styling, Teutonic passion, BMW certification.

Wish it had dual-zone climate control. Standard stereo is just ok. Trunk is a bit small. But who cares about any of that?

Shouldn't have these problems for $37k
By Rick Lewis

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for about 2 1/2 years now. The styling is sporty and refined. The ride is very comfortable. The size is just right for my wife and I. (No kids.) It just flat out looks good! However, the build quality is somewhat suspect. We have had 3 of the 4 door trim panels break away from their fasteners 4 times now. The latest trip to the dealership they replaced all the wood panel with new ones, feeling the others could have been defective. Who knows but we should not have had to make 4 trips to get it done. Also, the transmission went out on us at 31,000 miles. They said it was a computer malfunction.

1. It's fun to drive. 2. It looks great! 3. The automatic headlights and windshield wipers.

Quality control should be improved. The build quality is laking and the fit and finish needs work. We will look at the 2006 models when our lease is up but I'm just a little skeptical.

Awesome Machine
By David

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this car for three months now and it is the best car I have ever owned. Before test driving it I always wondered if it cost more for the status and badge. I was very wrong. This drives like no other car I have driven.

The sports package is a must. Really improves the drive and the look of the inside. The xenons are also a real plus.

There are tons of things you can customize on the veh (doors auto lock, lights flash with keyless, etc) I would like to be able to customize in veh and do not have to take it to the dealer.