Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 333 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Going for 300K
By B

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We (wife and I) bought this with 14K on odo. It looked and felt like new even though I was hesitant about the price. It is now 173K still feels like new and looks... well not new but good. These days you need a car to outlast the payments. I plan to go for 300K on this. This is the first car I feel comfortable making that attempt. It has had a few things fail. These were the window regulators (all 4) and a piece of trim. The 3 is a tough little car. Looking to get 2nd one.

17 inch wheels. Not knocking the 16s but the low profile tires on 17s give it a more aggressive stance.

Comfort would have scored higher if I didn't have the sport seats. The pan is a bit narrow for me. Tire width. The 225s it came with do not provide the rims any protection against a curb rub. I put 245s on and not a problem since.

2002 330i Sedan
By pimpjuice

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and had it ever since. Never seen a mechanic since purchase. I put a custom bodykit, 20 inch rims. cold air intake. Car is awesome and still drives like new. Wished i had got the stick instead. Gas average 27 (city/hwy). that is very good. Good power. I don't know about those who had bad mechanical experience with bmw, But I would love to get another i35, 335 or m3 someday.

Sexy looks, power, handling, my 20" rims on it with new bodykit. It's a total new look. This car looks great on bodykit.

More HP, cup holder location, alarm

My Mother In Law Was Right. Darn it.
By Jaybear

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My mother in law had a bad experience with a BMW in the 1980s, and told me that "BMW" stood for "Break My Wallet" when I drove home my beautiful brand new 2002 330i. Well, she was right. In addition to expensive regular maintenance costs, I paid a staggering $10,000 in post-warranty repairs, including a replacement transmission, broken driver's side window motor, radiator leak, tire rims that mysteriously cracked, headlight control switch, and seat motor. When the car worked, it was gorgeous and fun to drive, but not nearly worth the obscene repair costs. Adding insult to injury, my mother in law's judgment was correct, and I just traded in my BMW and then bought a Lexus like she did.

Drove beautifully (when it wasn't in the shop), classic styling, peppy (both before and after post-warranty transmission replacement of $4500), festive collection of "repair needed" lights in the instrument cluster to mentally prepare you for the cost of your next post-warranty repair.

Reliability and durability receive an F. No car should incur $10,000 in post-warranty repair costs despite religious performance of all scheduled maintenance. Despite how much fun this car was to drive, I cannot recommend BMW to anyone after my horrid experience.

325i
By Armen

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 325i have sport,winter & premium packages. I have owned this car for about 8 months, and drove it about 10000 miles. It's been a great car with pleasure to drive specially in handling. Minor problems only once in while check light goes on for back tail light, but it's easy fix. So far, thank god no major problem after driving a lot. I'm very satisfied with this car.

Sport's rims, handling, xenon lights, looks

none

Car Seats
By China Anne

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted a fun sporty number and was not disappointed. The car is wonderful to drive and if amazing even on long trips.

I love the sound system and the cloth top. Its beautiful on the road and gets tons of looks. My husband complained repeatedly about me getting a conv. and he rides with the top down more than I do. He loves the car just as much as I do.

I would change the design of the seat. Its contoured on the sides and makes it awkward to get in. Cupholders are horrible but they keep me from having extra junk in my car.