Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 333 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Satisfied 2nd owner
By gsr

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car when it was 8 months old w/ 3500 miles and have enjoyed it ever since. I bought snow tires for the winter, and use the summer tires at other times for performance. In 6 years of ownership, I've had the muffler replaced twice for noise (worked fine), the cd changer replaced for skipping, a tension pulley replaced for recall, and the control arms replaced once. This car is still a lot of fun to drive and it's never left me stranded. Occasionally the front headlight doesn't come on right away, but it always does eventually. I think it's a great mix of performance and value, and I've been extremely satisfied. I'm 6'4", and it's tough to find a comfortable car - this is one!

Interior room, rain sensing wipers, good gas mileage, glass rear window in the convertible.

Radio for this year did not include aux input, I think that's been remedied. Jack with the car does not seem sturdy enough.

Fun to Drive but expensive to maintain
By DJ

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the handling of my 325. I have encountered several problems with the car which it continues to add up. I have had three window regulators break which the company is aware of the problem, but will not do a recall. The rotors cannot be turned so brakes cost $400 just for the front. I had a bushing replaced which BMW dealership didn't put the parts back on the vehicle correctly. Be prepared when you go for an oil change, you will end up paying for more than a simple oil change. I can't believe the amount of magazines praising BMW cars. The magazines never mention anything about reliability or the lack of. I am disappointed with the quality of my 325.

The favorite aspect of the 325 is the handling.

3 series
By Georgia

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car used for my sixteenth birthday. I have been driving it for four years and couldn't have asked for a more reliable vehicle! Minor problems include a reverse light that is easy to fix, a/c with a mind of its own, and temperature readings are never right for whatever reason. Also, I have had people steal the BMW stickers off my rims..but they are cheap and easy to replace. Great vehicle overall!!!

Perfect size, style, and grace.

A compartment for sunglasses would be nice and cooling seats, living in the south is sure to heat things up!

Great car, loving BMW
By bmwphile

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to own a Mustang GT before my Bimmer. After test driving the BMW I realized what a piece of junk I had been driving. The BMW has been a joy to own with hardly any problems. The steering, handling, and power is ridiculous.

The handling is great. The BMW always makes you feel like a king of the road.

None whatsoever. I think this model year was the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye (both inside and outside.)

Awesome car
By KSL

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Certified Pre-Owned car with 11,000 miles. There were several things that needed replacing that was thankfully covered by warranty. I've had no other problems since the warranty expired a year ago. It's such a fun car to drive and a real head-turner.

The acceleration, the stability control and the Harmon Kardon stereo.

The sunroof tilt opened more.