Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love love love my bimmer!
By LL

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325xi since it was purchased new. Prior I had an Audi A4 which is a great vehicle. I love love love my bimmer! It has 118,000 miles and has had no engine or transmission issues. Drives and handles like it's brand new. I'm a stickler for regular maintenance. I've had to replace a battery, window regulators, timing belt, tires, and mostly maintenance items. In the past few years, I've only averaged 5000-6000 miles and it stays garaged. I love the aggressive look and she's a beauty even when parked against the curb. I dislike the new rounded BMW features and feel that BMW is going in the wrong direction trying to make their vehicles look more like Lexus.

Aggressive styling, superb handling/ride and German build quality.

None

I should have taken advice the 1st time
By mikebimmer

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my 2002 BMW 325Xi this year from a private one owner family. Stay away from the dealership. They are very expensive ($140.00 for an oil change). Please, at all cost, if you can, take the time to learn how to work on these cars. With some basic tools, a service manual and some patience, you can do some of your own work. Once I brought my 325Xi home, everything that could go bad went bad. The first problem I incurred was when inserting the key to unlock the door the lock cylinder fell out of the door. All my window regulators failed in all doors. The side mirror cover fell off. The gas mileage is horrible, despite full tuneup. I am unsure if I want to continue ownership.

Nice interior. Well built power plant (e.g. motor/transmission). Quality built frame(Very heavy for a sedan).

Too much plastic components. If BMW would invest in better components, these vehicles would not fall apart so soon after their warranties run out. If you are to charge the amount for these vehicle new, it would be advantageous to provide the consumers with more confidence after the warranty expires.

Radiator Issues
By ptm323

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

70k-100k radiator troubles..HVAC Problems. Super Fun To Drive. No Complaints. Keep an eye out for all Radiator Issues. Driven many well built vehicles, this has been the most solid and fun.

front end and suspension response. Utilizing the Steptronic when it is supposed to.

Fun to Drive but expensive to maintain
By DJ

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the handling of my 325. I have encountered several problems with the car which it continues to add up. I have had three window regulators break which the company is aware of the problem, but will not do a recall. The rotors cannot be turned so brakes cost $400 just for the front. I had a bushing replaced which BMW dealership didn't put the parts back on the vehicle correctly. Be prepared when you go for an oil change, you will end up paying for more than a simple oil change. I can't believe the amount of magazines praising BMW cars. The magazines never mention anything about reliability or the lack of. I am disappointed with the quality of my 325.

The favorite aspect of the 325 is the handling.

3 series
By Georgia

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car used for my sixteenth birthday. I have been driving it for four years and couldn't have asked for a more reliable vehicle! Minor problems include a reverse light that is easy to fix, a/c with a mind of its own, and temperature readings are never right for whatever reason. Also, I have had people steal the BMW stickers off my rims..but they are cheap and easy to replace. Great vehicle overall!!!

Perfect size, style, and grace.

A compartment for sunglasses would be nice and cooling seats, living in the south is sure to heat things up!