Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I Miss My BMW
By Miss my BMW

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just sold my 325Ci a week ago and miss it every day (2nd baby just arrived). What a great car! My fuel mileage was 34 (hwy + 5-speed trans), wonderful ride and better handeling. Very comfortable seats with the sport package. I think the tool kit and built in flash light are great.

Handling, exterior design, automatic windows (they go up too). Exterior design. Fuel mileage.

Interior storage places are limited. Would like to be able to lock the car with the drivers door still open (like to get out, lock car, and put key in pocket before collecting my belongings from the car)

5 speed without the clutch
By John

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was a great car. I had to sell due to it not being practical to carry clients in, but it performed well. The AC was a bit sporadic and I had to play with the control to get it to blow the right level.

I love the transmission. I love driving a 5 speed , but hate the clutch in traffic. I guess the purist 5 speed driver thinks it's a knock off, but the car performs so much better using the Steptronic transmission feature. I can't say I ever drove it as an automatic. The performance was excellent

Obviously...the cost of basic service. Parts are extremely expensive. Both control arms went before I sold it to the tune of $1,000. Having to set the vents for hot or cold air seems a bit ridiculous....When I had to do this I thought it was a KIA.

best of breed
By K-1

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The three series epitomizes what BMW is all about; performance with a touch of class and understated elegance.

Smooth engine performance, exterior style.

At this price, lack of a six-CD player is inexcusable. The seats could be more comfortable and the cupholder design is flawed.

I like driving now.
By Red Snap

2001 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over 2 years now and bought it used. Which is the way to go when getting a high end car. I like to drive now, didn't before, and don't plan on giving up the car anytime soon. I hope I can always own a BMW.

The pick-up, the cornering, the smooth ride, the look. The 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty on parts and service.

I'm 6' 3" and my head always rubs on the roof, even with the 12 adjustable seat at it's lowest point. That is annoying, need more headroom. The only other issue is that the sport tires I have about 2 flats a year. I have been lucky that they were around tire stores.

I like driving now.