Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Who said BMW was reliable?
By Picky Driver

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Simply put, great piece of driving engineering. But, The Germans really need to figure out better electronic systems. I love my BMW, purchased it with 78,000 miles, and grabbed a 2 year extended warranty for 2,500. Totaling 19,500. THE FACTS - I researched the car vigilantly before I went to the dealership. Leaning towards not purchasing a BMW before I even step onto the lot. But, I wanted to drive the car, then make a decision. DO NOT do this if you are comparing the BMW to say a HONDA or Toyota. There is no comparison and is not fair. Beautiful to look at, a real treat to drive around in. WARNING!!! - I spent about 3,000 on repairs in 2 years. Lucky me, the warranty covered 90% of it.

Smooth acceleration, tight gripping of the road... even for a 4dr sedan. Maxing out at 190 hp. Sports package gave it a special interior, more sexy then standard one. My girlfriend has a 2007 Honda civic. The civic feels like a lawn mower compared to my BMW.

Electronic devises. Two window motors... which I was aware of after reading hundreds of consumer reports just didn't realize they charge 300 a pop. The little things were apparently not a priority.

Solid Car
By KarFn

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've loved this car and am loathe to part with it (I've owned it for over 7 years). All is running great..knock wood. Never had any major maintenance issues. I love the way it drives...solid. Exterior is sporty. Interior is functional, yet basic. No complaints.

Loved this car for 4 years until....
By maverick1012

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 4 years now and put atleast 20,000 miles on it per year. Drove many 5,000+ road trips, handled extremely well, love the power and acceleration. Loved the overall experience UNTIL this past January (1/09) my car decided to die. I quote my mechanic when I say "the car has demons!" It decided when it wants to start, stalls when it wants to, it's been in the shop for 3 weeks with no resolution. I absolutely loved this car until now :/

Comfortable interior, beautiful exterior, loved everything about it!

Average Car
By kawliga

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been buying 325is since '92 and this one is the I've kept the longest. These are fine cars but little things bug you and are expensive to fix. I'm sure I will switch to Honda, can't be any more trouble and a lot cheaper. Just finished a 3000 mile trip and averaged 32.2 with the automatic. I was pleased with that.

I think you sit up straighter when driving a BMW, not physically but emotionally.

Give me Honda/Toyota quality.

Great, if onyl the windows worked
By Joe G

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW 325i 2001 was a great car to drive, handled the winding road up to Tahoe very well, looked good and sounded awesome. Probably the best driving experience of my life. They really designed it so the driver could hear just enough of the engine to feel like they were driving a sports car. Unfortunately it was all the little features that were crap. Both power windows had to be replaced twice (each) within a 3 year period. After about 4.5 years the electrical component that controlled the car shorted out and the car died in the middle of the highway. Once left the gas cap open and had to go to dealer to reset warning light.

Drove really great, felt awesome going around curves, the car felt liked it hugged the road. And I love the way the engine sounded.

Fix all the "other things!" Come on BMW! Power windows that stop working after 2.5 years?