Used 2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Problems consistently
By moras

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The front plate of the BMW was damaged with the outside temperature sensor after 3 months.
BMW refused to replace on warranty.
The generator failed, the bolts on the underpart of the car were replaced at a cost of $250 within 3 years and no warranty. Note I had the extended warranty purchase for 3 years.
Generator replaced after 5 years.
Oil leaks valve gasket cover replaced by dealer yet the oil leaks are from the hoses and oil filter area which was not replaced.
Total amount spent is 5K which I have not spent with an American car driven to 170M miles.

Like the pickup and drive when working

Better customer service and more integrity with the BMW service dealers. They give you a nice talk , fix a problem but t hen after leaving there are multiple other problems with the vehicle. Trust is problem

I Wanted to Like but...
By butterflyp

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I would not recommend buying this car unless you have a warranty and an extra car.
I have had this car 4 years and spent over $8k on repairs.
Window regulators, water pump which took out the idler, drive belt, alternator and power steering, many gaskets.
Covers for the side view mirror blew off while driving and the other detached itself somehow.
Driver's side door leaks.
Headliner is loose.
The leather around the passenger door speakers is coming loose.
The ac stopped blowing air shortly after the driver side window stopped working.
Twice I've had a major stall in the fast lane on the frwy AND as if the car was finally ashamed if what is , the BMW emblem on the hood fell off!!

Stop marketing this as the ultimate driving machine and address your repetitive problems starting with the window regulators and leaking issues. I will say that when the car is working, it handles very well. However, it is not enjoyable to own or drive this car very far because there is the constant thought that something else is going to malfunction.

Had it for 10 years and 150K miles later
By Beamer family

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

and still drives great! We bought our BMW 10 years ago at 40K miles from a friend. Since we have owned it, we have been in a couple of fender benders, got paint splashed on it, and now the power windows are going out but the original transmission still drives like the first day we bought it and very strong! You feel the difference in a BMW vs. say a Lexus or any other Japanese car! It hugs the road and you are total control of your car. We're expecting to get another 50K miles on it and plan to hand it down to our son then we are upgrading to a 330 convertible.

Everything

none

2001 BMW 3 Series
By SaLiMoS

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my BMW 1 week ago and i am loving it, well it's fun Driving it and it's very comfortable and Powerful. All what i did to the car after purchasing it is changing Filters and Engine Oil, which is a normal service check after buying a used car.

* Sound of the Engine * Interior Design

BMW's are VERY Over-rated
By shoo

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Found a 2001 BMW 325I with only 34K miles on it! Thought I had found a steal! Found out I was robbed! Had this car less than a year and have had to replace headlight assembly, front grille trim, rear window motor. Oil light comes on randomly! Worst of all, when it rains the interior leaks so bad it would make a great fish bowl! No one can find where it's coming from! Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned! Now I know why it only had 34K miles on it, no one wanted the piece of junk! My first and last BMW!

Nothing!

Live up to your reputation!