Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best Ragtop For The Money
By ElectricCatfish

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After being a loyal Jag owner I went back to Bavaria and I'm not disappointed. After spending time in numerous droptops ranging from the cramped Boxster to the ample powered XK8 I stumbled upon an 01 330CiC with 40k on the clock and ohhhh was I ever sold after the initial test drive. The build quality is incredible (far above the XK) and the performance is all there (I can't imagine this car with the M engine). The top drops with the push of a button and is silky smooth. The premium/sport options give you all the luxuries you want: xenons, hotseats and H/K audio for starters and interior noise is deathly quiet even at 100. There simply isn't a more perfect ragtop under $30k.

Performance & handling! Interior room and quality (I'm 6'2" and can crawl around detailing with the top up without complaints). Sport and Premium Packages complete the masterpiece. Ease of use of audio/climate control, Incredible lack of interior noise for a convertible.

Make 18" wheels standard and throw in a mesh windscreen from the factory and perfection is achieved. That's about it for now. I could grumble about expensive service fees but I consider it a membership fee of the "My Car Will Not Be Lost In a Mall Parking Lot" club.

Most fun and comfortable to drive.
By Edward

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Best handling car and most comfortable to sit in for long drives that I have ever owned (including Lexus, Benz, and Toyota). Most costly I've ever owned to maintain other than Benz.

Convertible top, handling on curves outstanding, acceleration, and THE quietest convertible on the market; I've been in noiser sedans (wind, etc.).

It's the little electrical and mechanical flaws that happen that cause a high cost of ownership and aggravation or I would have given the car all 10s.

What a car!!!
By Djovanovic

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 325Ci in February 2006. Although I've had it only for a short time, I am in love! The handling is amazing. I drop the top every chance I get and boy does it turn heads driving down the street. Even my 4 year old daughter and wife can't get enough. After researching and driving the Volvo C70 and the Saab 9-3, I am confident that I made the right choice with the Bimmer. I actually look forward to running to the store to pick up eggs or milk, because I get to drive my car!

Eye catching exterior, the top is quick and easy to use, handles like a dream, both seat have fully programmable seats, the stereo sounds fantastic, sterio controls on the steering wheel, and it's an overall fun car to drive!!!

Better placement of the cup holders, adding lights around the sun visor mirrors, and heated seats should be standard. Other than that I love it!

First BMW
By jmyers

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and I am very pleased. The response is good, gas mileage is around 23 in local driving. I have the optional hard top which is great for the winter months and makes the lines of the car look fantistic. Interior roominess is lacking and rear seat passenger leg room is tight. The car is fun to drive and handling is excellent. I may opt for a 7 series in the near future.

Optional hard top, exterior lines, and good performance.

Two or three inch increase in interior length would be helpful.

Beach Lovers Dream
By Fun2Drive

2001 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330ci is one of my favorite cars I have owned to date. Fun to drive, great looks, and no mechanical or cosmetic problems. I can see why this vehicle is one of the most wanted cars rated by consumers. Thanks BMW!!!

Everything

Making this vehicle a two seater model. The Z4 is great, but the looks of the 330 are even greater.